Sr. Cloud Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Online Engineering at Epic
Epic Games is growing operations inside our development teams to support operations of our large-scale, highly available, secure, online services and infrastructure behind Epic Games and products. The person in this role will work closely with software engineering, customer service, quality assurance, community, and product teams to provide online services that enhance the user experience for all of Epic’s systems.
Epic Games is looking for an experienced cloud engineer with focus on platform control automation tooling. This position is in North America on our Infrastructure Platform team that builds internal cloud services, provides the glue between multiple infrastructure tools, and offers build and release tooling and workflows to empower development teams across the company. Their mission is to bring next generation tools and practices to game development industry-wide.
You will help evolve and mature our state of the art large scale cloud native infrastructure foundation for our digital ecosystem that consists of Epic Online Services, Epic Games Store, Unreal Engine Web Presence and our own internal games.
- Collaborative globally distributed team
- Work from home (during COVID-19)
- Own outcomes oriented work
- Hold technology vision
- Uncover new ideas
- Work with service owners, producers and other cloud, infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to codify and model existing workflows and processes into standardized tooling used by Epic development teams
- Leverage emerging cloud native technologies to provide self-service workflows that enable development teams to build, test, release, scale and support online games and services continuously with high confidence
- Build applications to provide visibility and control of complex release workflows and deployments at scale
- You have proven abilities to complete full projects of a scope/complexity larger than a single individual end-to-end feature
- Help operate Epic's cloud platform, provide service owner support, decrease issue resolution times and participate in a tier 3 on call rotation for your team’s offering
- Contribute to shaping the future platform product vision and roadmap
- Mentor other team members through technical guidance and code reviews, follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in emerging technology and best practices
- Ability to design systems that cleanly integrate with legacy and emerging technologies
- Practical hands-on experience with Software product development life cycle and delivering Software to consumers
- Enthusiasm building tools and productizing services that empower development teams
- Experience building applications by writing code (primarily in Go); You have recently written multiple Go applications that are used in a production environment that serve more than the immediate team, and you are an expert who created micro services solutions
- Working knowledge of git
- Excellent communication skills, provide, solicit and accept feedback constructively
- Experience working with others in a team setting, and independently delivering expected results quickly
- Experience with planning and prioritizing work for on-time delivery and taking accountability for outcomes by addressing and escalating issues as soon as possible
- Hands-on working knowledge of AWS and cloud infrastructure, including; DynamoDB, RDS, EC2, EKS, S3, SNS, SQS, ACM, Route 53, AWS Config, IAM
- Hands-on experience with network administration, including VPCs, subnets, peering, private links, CIDR blocks, DNS
- Domain expertise as Kubernetes operator or developer
- Complex distributed environment troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of Terraform and Vault
- Experience working on a globally distributed team
- Continuously seeking opportunities to improve skills
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
Each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.