Principal Software Engineer – Mobile, Analytics
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for all things data at Zynga. We own the full game and player data pipeline – from ingestion to storage to driving insights and analytics. We provide products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms.
We are looking for a rockstar Mobile Engineer to lead efforts around our Analytics mobile SDKs. Someone who can bring technical leadership in helping architect and build our next generation of multi-platform SDKs that Zynga games will leverage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Architect, build, and maintain mobile SDKs (iOS, Android, and Unity) used by all Zynga games, including Words With Friends, Harry Potter & Puzzles Escape, Star Wars: Hunters, Zynga Poker, CSR2, Dawn of Titans and more!
- Be a technical thought leader for the team, helping drive and adopt best practices for mobile SDK development
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility
- Work with Product Management to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address systemic pain points and technical debt
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess implications and dependencies associated with design decisions
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure
- Follow engineering best practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale
- Work effectively with teammates, contributing to an innovative environment of technical excellence
- Review detailed designs from others, aligning with team and Zynga-wide technical vision
- Provide production and integration support for products running in all Zynga Games
- Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical excellence
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 6+ years of mobile software development kit experience
- 5+ years of experience with mobile software languages such as Objective C, Java, C++, C#
- 5+ years of experience with a combination of mobile software frameworks such as Unity, Unreal, iOS SDK, Xcode, Android SDK
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Experience working with networking protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP
- Experience working with storing and transporting formats such as JSON, Protobufs
- Experience with mobile architectures, development and deployment of apps in the iTunes store and Google Play store
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with measuring and optimizing mobile client performance
- Experience in object oriented design of applications or systems
- Proven ability to deliver work on time with attention to quality
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
- Experience with server side technologies in Java/C++/Go/PHP or REST APIs is a plus
- Experience with cloud environments like Amazon’s AWS is a plus
- Experience in building/maintaining a data analytics mobile SDK is a significant plus
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Open vacation policy
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know
Your application has been successfully submitted.