Communications Manager – Advertising
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Zynga, we are seeking an experienced, results-oriented communications professional for the role of Communications Manager, responsible for driving external PR for Zynga’s expansive mobile advertising platform, corporate profile, and company culture.
The ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented go-getter with strong attention to detail, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high level of flexibility. In this proactive communications role, the Communications Manager is primarily responsible for pitching and securing media placements for Zynga. The ideal candidate will have communications experience working with mobile advertising and digital marketing across segments such as advertising technology, mobile gaming, marketing technology, measurement platforms agencies, and media companies.
- Develop and support the execution of proactive media programs and initiatives that positively promote Zynga’s advertising network and growing ad stack capabilities
- Create and finalize communication materials necessary for external and B2B media programs (ie: press releases, messaging, media lists, pitch language, etc.)
- Work with Zynga’s PR agencies to identify new trends, publications, and contacts for story development.
- Comfortable and experienced in pitching trade, advertising, consumer and gaming media, and owning select media relationships.
- Provide expert PR counsel to internal team and external partners on communications to both manage expectations and provide educational support on a variety of issues and experiences that impact Zynga.
- Be the “in-house expert” on all things related to mobile advertising such as DSPs, SSPs, and ad exchanges.
- Partner closely with internal teams including marketing, advertising account, analytics, and technical teams to identify opportunities for cross-functional collaboration, story amplification, and external speaking opportunities
- Own and coordinate the administrative onboarding process for external entities, collaborating with internal Zynga teams (legal, finance, etc.)
- Contribute to quarterly earnings communications efforts, as needed
- 3+ years of experience managing public market earnings announcements
- 6+ years of related PR or corporate communications experience
- Experience in a business and media environment, particularly in advertising and gaming/entertainment
- Ability to spot and embrace new advertising, social and media relations trends, and use-case for Zynga.
- Research and analytical experience (i.e. analyzing industry news and trends)
- Experience with project management and decision-making
- Experience working in an international team environment. Second language and having worked abroad experience a plus.
- Excellent writer, editor, and media strategist
- Experience pitching media and securing coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area preferred
Desired Qualifications + Experience
- Deep understanding of the impact technology can have on the world around us as well as a passion for, and understanding of, games, entertainment trends, and social media
- Experience with event management (media events, internal town halls, etc.)
- Experience supporting celebrity initiatives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to demonstrate maturity and good judgment at all times
- Possess a high degree of integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels is critical to this position
- Ability to position oneself as a leader with cross-functional groups
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, and an innate ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for all full time employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Work alongside driven individuals towards a common goal
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.