This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are known for making best-in-class AAA gaming experiences. With a heritage stretching back over 35 years, Codemasters is one of the most recognised brands in the gaming industry and through constant innovation, and now with the full backing and support of EA, our future has never looked so exciting!
Our Southam HQ, situated in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside and next to Leamington Spa, is home to multiple development teams, hard at work on unannounced titles. We have an exceptional and rare opportunity for a talented Technical Director to join one of these teams and play an integral part in delivering acclaimed titles for years to come.
Working closely with the Senior Development Director, you’ll be responsible for the entire programming team and its output. You will be tasked with listening to the business needs of the company, technological needs of the wider development team and make decisions in order to make the best possible use of the programming team to deliver industry leading video games. As the team are utilising UE4 for this upcoming project, we are ideally looking for someone with substantial experience of Unreal, especially as we look to the future and the potential move to UE5.
We are looking for someone that can inspire, enable and engage the team, to create its best possible work. You’ll be fully supported by an experienced senior team and will be given the time and resources to achieve your goals. This is a fantastic role for any Technical Director looking for a new challenge at a studio synonymous with game dev. Providing security and support that only a studio like Codemasters can offer, you will shape the way that we approach future AAA titles and you will be an inspiring leader and mentor that will help others realise their full potential, as well as your own, as we believe in providing a highly supportive environment with genuine opportunities to develop yourself.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have:
- Experienced multiple full development cycles in a lead programming role
- Significant experience of C++ and Unreal Engine (UE4/UE5)
- Demonstrable experience of engendering communication and collaboration in teams
- Developed a range of techniques for inspiring a team and motivating them
- Demonstrable experience of coaching and developing staff
- The ability to help the whole team stay at the cutting edge of game development
- Experience in R&D and possess the ability to identify how to improve previous products
- The ability to collaborate with cross-discipline teams
- A drive to self-improve
- The ability to be comfortable in trusting your experts
It’s not an essential requirement for you to have previously worked on racing titles and we are keen to receive applications from experienced individuals from all gaming genres and backgrounds.
In return you will receive:
- Flexible working hours designed to fit around your life
- Considerable benefits package including annual bonus scheme, enhanced pension, private healthcare and dental schemes, 10 free games a year, income protection, employee stock purchase plan and many more!
- On-site bistro, pub and free gym and sports facilities
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
- Regular social activities and events
If this sounds like you and you are interested in joining one of the best AAA developers in the world, then we would love to hear from you. We continue to assemble a diverse and passionate team that is inclusive of gender, age, race and all walks of life. We’re interested to know how you can make us even better.
Your application has been successfully submitted.