This job is no longer accepting applications.
PLAYSTUDIOS is the developer and operator of award-winning free-to-play casual games for mobile and social platforms. The company’s collection of original and published titles is powered by its groundbreaking playAWARDS loyalty marketing platform, which enables players to earn real-world rewards from a portfolio of global entertainment, retail, technology, travel, leisure, and gaming brands across 17 countries and four continents. Founded by a team of veteran gaming, hospitality, and technology entrepreneurs, PLAYSTUDIOS brings together beautifully designed mobile gaming content with an innovative loyalty platform in order to provide its players with an unequaled entertainment experience and its partners with actionable business insights. To learn more about PLAYSTUDIOS, visit playstudios.com
As we expand our portfolio of free-to-play apps, we’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Art Director for our myVegas game team, to create design and art assets that delight our players and reward their deeper engagement. In collaboration with the Creative Team, you will produce content for our social casino games, meta-game promotions, and live operations features.
As a self-starting professional, you will have original design sensibility, complex art, and tools skills, and an ability to work within complex software development pipelines to accomplish the desired deliverables. You’ll have a passion for play, a healthy respect for our players, and you won’t take no for an answer when it comes to making our games better. You thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment and are able to balance quality with the demands of aggressive production schedules.
In addition to a well-developed sense of typography and a strong sense of visual hierarchy, draughtsmanship, line-work, color-sense, rendering, and layout skills, you possess the ability to combine illustration with graphic design and promotional layouts.
The Art Director will work directly with the Senior Product Manager to create slot games for our mobile platform, contribute to the concept design of new verticals and platforms, and contribute to the wider marketing and promotional efforts of the Company. The Art Director helps to set the standards and pace for the wider art team, mentors junior and senior talent, and is responsible for the execution of the creative roadmap.
- With the Product Manager, execute concept and production designs while working side-by-side with the broader creative team to bring engagement features, mini-games, and in-game advertising interactive assets to life.
- Participate in new project brainstorms.
- Own every stage of production for new features, starting from approved wireframes: from concept sketches and layout through final line art, color roughs, final paint, font selection, and font treatments, and final asset handover.
- Manage and mentor the entire myVegas art team.
- Manage the feedback pipeline for outsourced creative work
- Prepare pre-production and turnover packages for 3-D production.
- Brief and collaborate with VFX and SFX Artists to deliver the finishing touches to features.
- Work closely with Producers and Product Owners to ensure that projects meet the PLAYSTUDIOS standard of excellence, satisfy marketing goals, and are produced on time and within budget.
- Maintain brand- or product-focused guidelines to design on-target, on-market solutions.
- Collaborate and communicate with your supervising Product Manager and Producer(s) for the creation of concepts, presentation materials, project style guides, and final refinements of projects through the production cycle
- Work directly with your supervising Senior Product Manager to deliver high-quality art assets, on time and appropriately formatted for the target platform.
- Work independently to meet milestones and optimization targets.
- Maintain high standards for design and production values within the department.
- Contribute to technical solutions and pipeline design for the production and delivery of art assets, to help maximize PLAYSTUDIOS’ technology potential.
- BFA or advanced degree in a relevant field, or equivalent professional experience, and 8-10 years of experience in a comparable position/industry.
- Leadership experience for a mobile or online game or consumer product, with senior ac- countability to business and product stakeholders.
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as a general understanding of 3-D and VFX design, pipelines and technology, and our game software development pipelines. Also requires an appreciation of and ability to lead and deliver our various game art styles.
- Vision and talent to engage in evolving our apps to stay fresh and current
- Wide experience creating visual effects for both Facebook and Mobile games using Adobe Creative Suite, Maya, 3DS Max, After-Effects, and in-game FX systems including Unity, Timeline Effects, and other tools and in-game FX systems.
- Must understand the importance of collaboration with peers and stakeholders of different disciplines (e.g. Developers and Product Managers).
- Production experience with an interest in and aptitude for entertainment design for narrow bandwidth environments.
- Strong 2D/3D, typography, and design sense.
- Ability to communicate well across different teams, organized, motivated, and understands time management.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to integrate high-quality illustration with strong design and typography, and awareness of presentation and current mobile best practices. Focus on the entertainment industry preferred.
- Experience managing and providing feedback to external vendors and outsourcing teams
- Ability to work globally and in multiple time zones.
- Art direction, graphic design, and/or illustration experience in a design or advertising agency.
- Experience designing in-game promotional content, social media art assets, or marketing content for games or related products.
- Knowledge of additional current production technologies and their relevant application – e.g. Maya and related products such as Modo or Z-Brush, After Effects, etc.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% health benefit coverage for you and your dependents!
- Performance-based bonuses.
- 401K plan and stock options.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events.
- Catered lunches multiple times per week.
- Snacks and drinks available in the kitchen.
- Casual work environment.
- An open, collaborative workspace.
- Commuter benefits program.
- *** During COVID 19 we are currently working from home
PLAYSTUDIOS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.