2023 Summer Internship - Software Engineering
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers – and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency. We are proud of the culture we have built. We value the unique experiences and perspectives that each person brings to The Trade Desk, and we are committed to fostering inclusive spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
So, if you are talented, driven, creative, and eager to join a dynamic, globally-connected team, then we want to talk!
- Own and ship a meaningful project, end-to-end. We believe strongly in ownership at The Trade Desk, and we are committed to you having something substantial to show for your time here that will make a positive Impact for the team
- Receive close, one-on-one mentorship from an experienced software engineer
- Collaborate with a globally connected team of engineers, Interns & other teams and departments in cities across the world
- Work with new technologies across a wide spectrum of computer science, including distributed systems, petabyte-scale data processing, machine learning/AI, and UI/UX
Who you are
You might be a great fit for a Software Engineer internship at The Trade Desk if:
- You are fluent in one or more modern programming languages
- Have a firm grasp on basic data structures and algorithmic techniques
- You are a quick and self-directed learner. We provide close support and mentorship, but you will have ownership over the design, plan, and implementation of what you build.
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering / IT or related program
- Have a graduation date between Summer 2024 and Winter 2024
- You can work for 12 weeks at our Sydney office during Summer 2023 (Time Period: between Nov 2023 – Feb 2024)
This is a right opportunity for you if you are looking for:
- Working at a global technology company with a mission to make the Internet better for everyone - consumers, content owners, and marketers - by getting involve in meaningful and impactful project that fix the way advertising is bought and sold
- Eager to innovate and to work on unsolved problems where you are responsible for the outcome
- An unique, large-scale (our platform handles over 11 million requests per second, we process more queries than searches on Google, tweets on Twitter, and snaps on Snapchat- combined!), and highly complex challenges involving technology that is brand-new to you
Working at an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership what and how you can contribute is what’s important to us. Our consideration is not limited by the kind of education you have or the specific technologies you have experience with. We care about having good people to pitch in. Our culture is creative, energetic, and collaborative. Those aren’t perks – those are just the way we do business.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application and invite you to find out why The Trade Desk was named a Best Medium Workplace by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a Best Workplace for diversity and top technology companies.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.