VP, Product Marketing
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers – and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency. We are proud of the culture we have built. We value the unique experiences and perspectives that each person brings to The Trade Desk, and we are committed to fostering inclusive spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
So, if you are talented, driven, creative, and eager to join a dynamic, globally-connected team, then we want to talk!
What You’ll Do:
The Head of Global Product Marketing is a seasoned leader with exceptional go-to-market instincts honed from years of applying customer insights to B2B product value propositions. This leader will be a close partner of TTD’s product management team, working throughout the product process to build compelling narratives and executive consensus around how the company articulates the value of its platform. This includes both macro-level positioning in terms of how TTD’s platform is revolutionizing digital media buying, as well as more focused marketing of TTD’s product differentiation.
This leader will be an expert in leveraging the full scope of marketing tactics, as well as in the nuances of a complex global market.
This leader will be responsible for owning our global audience segmentation, defining, and maintaining accurate personas, and identifying our strongest differentiators across our product suite for each segment. This leader will be customer-obsessed, simultaneously focused on driving adoption and expansion with existing customers, while also lighting our path toward meeting the emerging needs of our customer of the future. This leader, is an effective communicator and influencer, and has a proven ability to build, support, and inspire a high-performing team to do their best work.
This leader will oversee a high Impact global team of 15+ Product Marketing professionals. Close collaboration is required with cross-functional peers across Product, Engineering, Business Development, Account Management, Customer Service, and Marketing.
- Be the marketing team’s platform and industry expert, maintaining an accurate SWOT of our solutions across global markets.
- Grow and maintain a deep understanding of TTD's global audience segments and their unmet needs across media planning and buying, campaign measurement and management.
- Showcase strategic leadership, partnering with the product organization from conception to delivery in order to effectively position the full benefit of TTD’s platform.
- Lead product positioning and messaging globally: Build platform-level and feature-specific narratives and value propositions
- Manage global team of Product Marketing professionals that tailor and activate product positioning and value propositions for each of The Trade Desk’s target audiences
- Lead the development of break through case studies that showcase the benefits of TTD’s platform
- Support the industry's best commercial team with product training, GTM playbooks, and collateral that help drive pipeline, acquiring new clients and deepening relationships with existing clients
- Quarterback product launches across the globe, partnering with Product Management teams, Global Campaigns Teams, and Regional Marketing teams to drive effective GTM strategy and flawless launch execution
- Work closely with the industry experts and Analyst and Press Relations teams to ensure effective thought leadership and ongoing relevancy in the market
- Communicate effectively and often, driving consensus at the executive level and establishing systems of communication flow across global stakeholders
- Lead a team of talented, driven, global marketers; developing their professional skillset and empowering them to contribute at their highest capability
- Foster a culture of customer-centricity, promoting continuous external evaluation, questioning of the status quo, and constant learning and improvement
Who you are:
- 15+ years Product Marketing experience; best-In-class B2B Product/Technology companies preferred
- Proven experience spearheading successful product launches supported by big budget, multichannel activations
- Design thinker and expert story-teller; crafts breakthrough product/feature positioning statements and messaging systems based on audience Insights
- Expert in field enablement: well-versed in sales culture, the Importance of best-In-class collateral, and the ability to design Marketing and Sales narratives fit for purpose
- Comfortable with white space - ability to break down complex problems into actionable work plans with test and learn agenda, communicating/consensus-building every step of the way
- Master of the customer journey - brings together strategic growth plans for a unified GTM and actively leads/oversees flawless e2e execution, globally
- Seasoned people leader with experience leading globally distributed teams
- Superb collaboration skills with proven success "getting to yes" in matrixed organizations
- Bias towards action with ability to drive cross functional buy in effectively
Our Compensation and Benefits ( for NY, CO, CA, and WA residents only)
At the Trade Desk, Base Salary is one part of our competitive total compensation and benefits package and is determined using a salary range. The base salary range for this role is
$204,700 -$375,300In accordance with NY, CO, CA, and WA law, the range provided is The Trade Desk's reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount may differ based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and location. All employees may be eligible to become The Trade Desk shareholders through eligibility for stock-based compensation grants, which are awarded to employees based on company and individual performance. The Trade Desk also offers other compensation depending on the role such as sales-based incentives and commissions. Plus, expected benefits for this role include comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) with premiums paid in full for employees and dependents, retirement benefits such as a 401k plan and company match, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, well-being benefits, reimbursement for certain tuition expenses, parental leave, sick time of 1 hour per 30 hours worked, vacation time for full time employees up to 120 hours thru the first year and 160 hours thereafter, and around 13 paid holidays per year. Employees can also purchase The Trade Desk stock at a discount through The Trade Desk’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
The Trade Desk also offers a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
Note: Interns are not eligible for variable incentive awards such as stock-based compensation, retirement plan, vacation, tuition reimbursement or parental leave.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.