Director, Business Development
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers – and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency. We are proud of the culture we have built. We value the unique experiences and perspectives that each person brings to The Trade Desk, and we are committed to fostering inclusive spaces where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
So, if you are talented, driven, creative, and eager to join a dynamic, globally-connected team, then we want to talk!
What you’ll do:
- Drive revenue independently and manage a portfolio of business consisting of both agency and brand direct clients
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Overseeing a number of clients operationally and strategically as well as providingdirection for how we go upstream
- Take responsibility for more complex brand relationships. Apply business insights and industry knowledge to advance the client and TTD’s goals. Persuade and lead senior level meetings
- Maintain a strong understanding of the product roadmap and platform functionality but is also able to think on a more macro-level and develop messaging which factors in the wider industry and trends
- Assist with projects and go-to-market strategies which impact the wider BD team and start to develop the understanding and commercial insights needed for forecasting and other sales management techniques
- Manage and coach a growing business development team
Who you are:
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in online advertising in outbound sales.
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising roles
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with senior levels and establish long-standing, consultative client relationships
- Existing relationships with decision-makers at major holding companies is a plus
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
- An inspirational leader with strong management and leadership skills through a collaborative team approach. Ambition to develop personally and nurture the development of others
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, executive team and industry groups
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Able to travel occasionally for business and internal meetings
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.