Analyst, Growth (AppStore Optimization)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
AppLovin’s leading marketing software provides mobile app developers a powerful set of solutions to grow their mobile apps. AppLovin’s technology platform enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. The company’s first-party content includes over 200+ popular, engaging apps and its technology brings that content to millions of users around the world. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
The AppLovin Media Buying team fuels the growth of our 10+ partner game studios located around the world. Join a team that works on top-grossing titles across all game genres -- Word/Puzzle, Midcore/Hardcore, Casino, and Match-3. We’re looking for an Analyst to drive App Store Optimization across and increase install rates for all our titles. You will work directly with our gaming studios, in-house creative team, and ad monetization analysts. Your work will be tremendously impactful on the user acquisition efforts for games played by tens of millions of global players.
What you'll be doing:
- Dig deep into campaign and app store performance data to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization across all markets
- Lead tactical and strategic direction for multiple games that aligns with the company’s KPIs
- Develop strong hypotheses, independently solve problems and provide actionable insights
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and markets
- Work with Growth, Design and Creative teams to develop go-to-market and product lifecycle management strategy and execution from pre-launch, launch and post-launch
- Deliver product marketing analysis and make asset recommendations to optimize performance through rapid, data driven iteration
- Design and execute A/B tests (Google Play, Surveys, Apple Search Ads) to maximize installs and increase click-to-install rates through AppStore optimization
- Track install rates pre and post testing to quantify lift
- Monitor key trends in gaming across all major languages as it relates to new ASO strategies, and apply them to titles
- Stay current with new platform features (AppStore, Google Play, Amazon)
- Be an expert in the mobile game industry -- know the competitors, their acquisition strategies and their user funnel/monetization
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years work experience of analyzing large data sets and taking action based on the analysis, preferably in the mobile space
- Bachelor's degree in business, technical or related field of study
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to clearly communicate results and to define next steps
- Advanced Microsoft Excel domain knowledge with a desire to develop additional technical skills
- Strong business logic thinker who quickly identifies new opportunities to challenge the status quo
- Strong communication, time management and project management skills (experience with Asana encouraged)
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in the gaming industry, huge plus
- Familiarity with mobile user acquisition funnel and metrics
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.