Data Analyst Lead – Racing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our Racing Studio – responsible for the CSR Racing franchise and the #1 Racing Game on Mobile CSR2 – is one of the most ambitious, successful, and creatively inclusive studios in the UK. Based across three locations – London, Birmingham and Bangalore – the team loves welcoming diverse, humble, straightforward and ambitious talent, aspiring for award-winning excellence. People who want to find a place where they will be supported and encouraged to do the best work of their career.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
The role is all about leading a small embedded team and working alongside cross functional leads in the studio as a trusted analytics partner for our Racing group. Helping provide our game studios with the data and insights that will drive continued success, ensuring that we offer the best possible player experience to keep players coming back to our games.
You will have a proven track record as both an Individual contributor and manager, with an ability to grow analytical capabilities and demonstrate strong results. We are looking for someone with a passion for analytics/data science, functional management and studio partnering complimented by an interest in mobile games or games/tech industries.
Reporting into a central Analytics Director, you will be part of a wider Analytics/Data Science craft group and lead a team of three people.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Act as a thought leader, suggesting opportunities and driving analytics/ data science value for the title and wider business both strategically and operationally
- Ensure the analytics team is a key cross functional partner within studio, working closely with: Design, Product, and Engineering
- Own analytics planning and delivery for embedded studio analytics team
- Mentor and develop embedded analytics team, growing and retaining talent
- Deliver compelling analysis/data science projects as an individual contributor, alongside lead responsibilities (50/50 split on average)
- Work with Director of analytics and peers locally and globally to share and contribute to wider analytical discipline and continued success
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven track record in data science or analytics lead roles, preferably within gaming, mobile, technology or digital industries.
- BA/MSc in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters desirable.
- Advanced SQL skills and experience with different programming languages (e.g. R/Python/Scala). The majority of our stack is Python.
- Experience working with large datasets, preferably in a Hadoop, Vertica or Spark environment (MLlib/ML).
- Confident at presenting and engaging with senior stakeholders, including c-suite level leaders across the company.
- Strong business acumen and ability to evangelise an up-to-date awareness of where analytics/data science can be leveraged to provide business value.
- Experienced in working with ambiguity, demonstrating critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience in defining highly complex requirements, framing issues into recommended approaches using appropriate tools/methods.
- Proven track record in sharing complex results, recommendations and actions in a style that best fits audience for maximum engagement.
- Able to demonstrate ability to be a partner, identify winning opportunities and determine complex resolutions cross functionally where needed (e.g. Engineers, Product Managers, Analysts, Business and Marketing functions at all levels).
- Able to plan and deliver as a manager of small teams, ensuring cost/benefit and value to studio.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, that allow collaboration and influencing at all levels and cross functionally.
- Experience with multiple key areas of specialism that can support projects, team mentoring and innovation: Telemetry/Data design, ETL, Scripting, Analysis/Insight, Modelling, Visualization, Experimentation, and/or other unique specialisms in the Data Science tool set (e.g. Machine Learning, AI, etc.)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at accommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.