Social Community Manager, Call of Duty
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Title: Social Community Manager, Call of Duty
Requisition ID: R007898
As the Community Manager for Call of Duty, you will lead the growth and relationship management of the Call of Duty community across social platforms, serve as the voice of the brand, and be an advocate for our players.
This position requires experience interacting with large global fanbases, influencers, and creators. The Community Manager’s primary role is to build relationships with fans through daily conversation, listen to and understand player suggestions and concerns, and then share these insights with internal teams, such as: Product Management, Consumer Marketing, our global offices, and our agencies.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic and clever writer with an expertise in Call of Duty and wider pop culture. This person must be able to manage through the noise in order to convey key messages, connect 1:1 with players, and identify cultural opportunities for Call of Duty to engage with. The ability to frequently bring fresh ideas to the conversation is critical.
This is a rare opportunity to join the marketing team behind the biggest franchise in gaming and entertainment history and grow in the digital marketing department. You will have the opportunity to work with best in class creative partners and cross functionally within our organization. This position is a contract role.
- Lead the development of the Call of Duty community across various social platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Twitch, Reddit, TikTok and YouTube
- Establish relationships with fans, listen to consumers, and engage in conversation through our owned channels on a daily basis
- Identify opportunities for the brand to engage in wider cultural conversations and engagement trends
- Act as an advocate for community members’ activities, suggestions, and concerns
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Managers on campaign development and execution
- Collate regular social media reporting and insights through the use of analytic and CMS tools including Sprinklr and native platform tools
- Assist in managing the global Call of Duty social editorial calendar and assets using Opal and Monday
- Manage and publish social media content in partnership with internal and external partners
- Work effectively with internal cross functional teams including Product Management, Consumer Marketing, Customer Support, Events, and Partnerships to drive 360 campaigns
- Work with external brand partners to execute co-branded campaigns
- 1-3+ years’ experience in social media - agency (or client-side equivalent) as a Community Manager, Social Strategist, or Copywriter, preferably in gaming or entertainment
- Appetite for all things digital and social, up to date on the latest platforms and technologies, as well as a desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement in cultural trends
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask while remaining communicative with teams
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be familiar with the gaming space and have an overall passion for pop culture
- Working knowledge of social platforms and associated analytics programs and tools such as – Opal, Sprinklr, Tweetdeck, as well as each platform’s native analytics tools, etc.
- Experience working with 3rd Party agencies/partners a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe.
Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.#AB
Your application has been successfully submitted.