QA Requirements Tester I
This job is no longer accepting applications.
QA Testers are a support function within the Quality Assurance team. Under the supervision of the QA Project Leads and QA Management team, they are responsible for testing and generating bug reports for pre-release video games as well as verifying functionality, data content, performance, 1st Party Compliance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in executing the QA project test plan by performing thorough testing on assigned software titles. This can include functionality, balance, stability, performance, interface, art, sound, text, documentation, and other types of testing.
- Identifies and documents defects in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking database.
- Assists the Production/Development team in tracking down issues and working out the steps to reproduce so that they are easier to locate and fix.
- Completes regression/verification testing as needed.
- Follows instructions and accomplishes tasks as directed by the QA Project Lead or QA Management.
- Experience and familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres.
- Experience with Quality Assurance testing of software projects (desired).
- Understanding of the software test cycle process (desired).
- Knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Excellent written/spoken English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong interest in video games.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Honesty and a strong work ethic.
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively.
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment.
Core competencies (for internal use only) :
- Take initiative
- Passionate about the business
- Focused and accountable
- Strong communication
- Figure it out
- Self-motivated to do high quality work
- Committed to constant growth
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Your application has been successfully submitted.