Lead QA Tester
This job is no longer accepting applications.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Lead QA Tester
San Diego, CA (Sorrento Valley)
Are you a gamer with an eye for quality and the need to lead?! Then join the PlayStation Studios Quality Assurance team! The PlayStation Studios Quality Assurance department provides quality assurance testing and support for games and/or projects produced by PlayStation Studios and PlayStation.
The Lead is responsible for running the global testing of PlayStation Studios products. The position will lead global testing strategy for the title as well as the assigned resources. The position is the single QA point of contact for the product globally. The general purpose of this job is to ensure that a consistent global test strategy for the product is implemented and clearly handle communication of issues and risk to the appropriate partners on a global scale. This role will drive efficiency through consistent test strategy, test management, and reporting while at the same time providing our customers with a consistent service globally.
- Primary ownership and communication of all Master Test Plans for all assigned projects
- Primary ownership and communication of the global project budgeting for all assigned projects
- Primary ownership and communication to producers and global partners, ensuring that all outbound communication meets a clear standard
- Performing consistent daily observation, research, review, and reporting of operations process adherence for all current assigned projects
- Maintaining, advancing and promoting knowledge in the field of quality assurance and control services revolving around current and potential PlayStation Studios QA operations service offerings
- Consistent collaboration with peer group and applicable department teams to ensure alignment, knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within PlayStation Studios QA
- Participation in yearly performance review process, helping to assemble feedback and sharing it with their direct manager to support performance management on a global level
- Gathering feedback and data to create and facilitate a global facing project post mortem
- At least 5 years in QA Operations
- Expertise in cross cultural business and remote team interaction and leadership
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional critical analysis skills
- Passion for video games
- PC testing experience
- Successful completion and certification of ISQTB® Advanced Level CTAL
- Successful completion and certification in SQE Agile Testing
- Audio focused team member with experience using audio implementation software
- Passion for game audio a plus
- Audio related certification/education a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.