Contract Quality Assurance Tester
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bethesda has a long list of award-winning games such as the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, Dishonored, Doom, The Evil Within, etc. The Quality Assurance Team is responsible for testing these and others to ensure the best products go to market. We are looking for contract QA Testers to join our team in Rockville, MD. As a tester you will be responsible for testing game features for bugs and working with the team to continuously assess and communicate the quality of our titles currently in Test. If you have a passion for games, are a team player, have a strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills, this is the job for you.
- Run assigned test requests and identify game issues (bugs)
- Enter accurate high-quality game issues based on department standards into bug tracking system
- Test and verify bug fixes
- Provide thoughtful and professional feedback on gameplay related issues in both written and verbal form
- Assist in assessing and escalating game issues and concerns with peers and to senior team members
- Apply testing and game industry terminology
- Clear understanding of the rules of each game and apply to testing
- Experience in console and PC game testing
- 6+ Months experience in software testing
- Experience with bug tracking software, (e.g. JIRA and Hansoft) preferred
- Aptitude for comprehending technical documentation
- Experience with first-party platforms (e.g. Steam, PS4, Xbox One, iOS, Android, etc)
- Candidates with Games Industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of test processes
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge
- Good organizational, time management, deadline driven and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Broad knowledge of games across different platforms
- Proficient with MS Office
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.