Associate QA Project Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Requisition ID: R007564
Job Title: Associate Quality Assurance Project Lead
Reports To: QA Project Lead, Senior QA Project Lead and/or QA Manager
Locations: El Segundo, California
Department: Quality Assurance
The Associate Project Lead of the Functional Team is expected to perform expert level compliance testing on assigned QA projects. The Associate Project Lead also assists the Project Lead/Senior Lead with a variety of tasks, including supervising and mentoring the test team, helping execute the test plan, and other project related tasks. The Associate Project Lead may also be called upon to perform in an acting Project Lead role, which involves organizing and leading the testing effort on an assigned software title.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs compliance testing on assigned Activision products (70%)
- Assists in executing the QA project test plan by performing thorough testing on assigned software titles. This testing will focus on first party software requirements, compliance and standards testing, or other certification-type testing.
- May also be called upon to perform broad QA testing. This can include functionality, balance, stability, performance, interface, art, sound, text, documentation, and other types of testing.
- Identifies and documents defects in a clear and concise manner using the assigned bug tracking database.
- Assists the production/development team in tracking down issues and working out the steps to reproduce issues so that they are easier to locate and fix.
- Completes regression/verification testing on an as needed basis.
- Follows instructions and accomplishes tasks as directed by the Project Lead or QA Management.
Acts in a supporting role to an assigned Project Lead (10%)
- Assists Project Lead in leading the requirements team.
- Assigns tasks to the test team and follows up on the completion of assigned tasks to ensure that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Undertakes additional responsibilities, such as database management, or in researching and gathering data for metrics, as assigned by the Project Lead.
- Assists the Project Lead during meetings with Production or other QA groups.
- May be called upon to present testing results in higher level meetings with senior management. Must be able to summarize, prioritize and disseminate this information in a clear and precise way that is easily understood by all.
- Assists in training and mentoring new testers in the basics of testing the game and QA testing policies and procedures.
- Looks for ways to improve testing effectiveness. Coaches other testers in innovative testing techniques and encourages testers in ways to break the game beyond the obvious approaches. Encourages testing "outside the box".
- May be called upon to help manage the test team in the Project Lead's absence.
Leadership of secondary and derivative projects (5%)
- Assists in starting, organizing, and completing an assigned QA test project.
- Acts as an ongoing liaison with the producer and other production staff to help coordinate work between QA, Production, and the Development team.
- Creates a test plan to help define and organize the testing effort.
- Creates a budget and monitors spending to ensure the project is kept on track.
- Completes milestone assessment reports at Alpha and Beta in accordance with QA policies.
- Organizes and oversees all testing on assigned projects, to ensure that all bugs are found and reported, and that the title is thoroughly and effectively tested.
- Supervises the test team on a daily basis to ensure rapid and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- Evaluates performance and provides feedback to test team members.
- Creates informative and accurate daily reports and ensures distribution to designated production and management staff.
- Coordinates testing with applicable group as needed.
- Reviews packaging and documentation for accuracy.
- Performs other additional tasks as defined by QA policy.
Special projects or assignments (15%)
- From time to time the Manager may assign special projects to the Associate Project Lead in furtherance of the Quality Assurance department's goals.
Principal Working Relationships:
Testers: Interact and coordinate work; provide guidance and mentoring to members of the test team.
Project Lead/Senior Lead: Report testing results; confer on test strategy; discuss team management needs.
Manager: Provide high level feedback on testing effort.
Members of the Production Team: Provide information on testing results; assist with testing tasks; participate in QA/Production meetings.
Members of the Development Team: Provide information on testing results; assist with testing tasks.
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science or Entertainment related area (desired)
Special Knowledge, Skills: (Tools and Technology, Technical Skills)
- Able to perform compliance testing on a variety of software titles (required)
- Able to identify defects in software titles and report defects in a clear and concise manner (required)
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and related PC hardware (required)
- Familiarity with Devtrack and JIRA (required)
- Good working knowledge of current video game consoles (required)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (required)
Prior Experience/Previous Positions related to current position:
- Twelve months or more hands-on experience in quality assurance testing of software projects (required)
- Six months or more hands-on experience in compliance testing of software projects (required)
- Strong background in entertainment software or related industry (desired)
Other Qualifications and/or Requirements:
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills (required)
- Proactive, driven individual with a strong work ethic (required)
- Ability to work in a team environment (required)
- Demonstrates leadership potential (required)
- Demonstrable ability to work with and help mentor new testers (required)
- Avid to hard-core game player with experience in many different game genres (desired)
- Demonstrable ability to learn and implement new software testing procedures (desired)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.