Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, Diablo IV (SDET)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Requisition ID: R007955
Are you a Software Engineer with an interest in gaming? Do you want to help create the next big thing in gaming?
Check out Blizzard!
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost effective software development tools which will be used to enhance game development? Do you want to be involved in something new?
Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day. Are you excited about the prospect of joining our team and being a part of Blizzard Entertainment?
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Identify, design, and deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing cost of test execution
- Analyze new product features to determine what harnesses or hooks are required to execute automated coverage
- Collaborate with Blizzard teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Communicate existing test capabilities to QA stakeholders to assist in the development of a test strategy
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners and influence software quality
- Share insights, solutions, and best practices within the team and across Blizzard
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET, Software Engineer or similar role with focus on quality, preferably in Games.
- 4+ years software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Fluency in C# and Python Development
- Experience working with various technical solutions like frameworks, tests, API hooks, and custom tools
- Hands on experience with CI/CD pipeline implementation like Jenkins
- Experience in with the SDLC while interfacing with external teams of engineers
- Experience working in Agile workflows
- Experience in writing, executing, and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies
- Experience interpreting large data sets and/or creating data analysis tools
- Commitment to quality and sustainable software development
- Experience with performance and/or load testing
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with C++ or Lua
- ISTQB Foundation or Higher Level Certification
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses and/or QA focused tools.
- Experience working with multiple platforms such as Windows and Consoles Platforms
- Experience working with task and bug tracking systems such as JIRA and the greater Atlassian suite of tools.
- Passion for video games, and Blizzard products.
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences‚ ever. Join us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.