Quality Designer (Apex Legends Mobile)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Quality Designer / Lead Quality Analyst (Apex Legends Mobile)
Respawn Entertainment is an Oscar-winning AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
We're looking for an accomplished Lead QA Analyst to join 'Apex Legends Mobile' as a Quality Designer. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making high-quality great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals. This includes collaboration with the QA Development Managers to satisfy schedules of test coverage and project metrics.
We're picturing someone who is experienced in mobile game development, passionate and eager about quality and uses data to protect the player experience. They will work embedded within the team, improve QA practice across EA, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
Quality Designers are the owners for a product or major service/feature. Focused on ensuring project deliverables are being completed on time through active participation in test responsibilities and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of end-to-end quality. They will use data for planning and guide the building of dashboards to inform project metrics. Additionally, they will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies and helping departmental projects.
Understand metrics to inform and guide project health while engaging in daily test routines and responsibilities. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback as part of daily test routines. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team, internal development and engineering teams and the outside collaborators are important to success in this role.
You're primary responsibilities expected are as follows:
- Motivator with the ability to jump in where necessary
- Coordinate multiple work streams in task execution and task management.
- Prioritize the end-user, ensuring that feedback is delivered with the community in mind while still accounting for development constraints such as timelines and budgets
- Build test cases, plans and suites, defect tracking, and regression tests
- Apply a range of testing techniques and methodologies to identify defects of a very high-quality level
- Skill and knowledge in mobile compliance requirements and hardware platform
- Consume analytical data to make informed decisions and assumptions and may propose solutions to resolve trends that have negative impacts on product quality
- Analyze and perform game design feedback, test case design modification, and reviews at both a requirements level and product build level producing reports at a rhythm necessary to support product
- Oversee the quality of the work delivered on assigned area of influence
- Root cause analysis and defect analysis with the ability to validate assumptions and propose potential solutions to problems
- Mentor and cultivate others within their project team
- Monitor and drive product quality KPIs throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Drive quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to your team using data that represent product quality Indicators
You will speak to the following levels of experience:
- Lead QA Analysts are expected to have at a minimum: 5 years of experience in a software development environment 5 years of experience in a software development environment
- Risk management and solutions-oriented problem-solving techniques
- Communicate across all kinds of disciplines where needed
- An appreciation or practical understanding of analytics and Measurements as a way of tracking product quality
- Comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with an eye to promote quality principles
- Database and Test case test management software experience i.e. Jira, TestRail, TM4J
- Excellent knowledge of product life cycle, tools, and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- Experience with SQL knowledge and Data validation
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also make workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.