Art Outsourcing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally organized and talented Art Outsourcing Manager to help take our games to the next level. As Art Outsourcing Manager you will work closely with the lead artists on a project to define, manage, receive, check, and implement outsourced art assets both from individual freelancers and from larger outsourcing vendors. We’re looking for someone who is excited about the opportunities that outsourcing can afford us and has a strong sense of service to help free our leads to focus on the game by taking ownership of this important task for them.
- Collect asset creation documentation from lead artists to provide to outsourcers.
- Clarify and improve documentation with aid of leads to insure usability.
- Manage day to day communication with outsourcers on behalf of lead artists, seeking clarification from leads when necessary.
- Complete first pass evaluation of outsourced assets on behalf of lead artists ensuring creation guidelines have been met.
- Implement outsourced assets into the appropriate game engine and source control.
- Act as a facilitator for feedback, asset tracking, and communication between the lead artists and outsourcers as needed.
- Work with production to ensure a timely turnaround on assets and deadlines are being met.
- Provide workflow pipelines to outsource partners with their needs in mind.
- Help define pipeline for outsourcing implementation with understanding of outsourcing limitations in mind.
- Maintain an organized system of deliverables that the team can access to see progress.
- Understand the limitations of outsourcing and recognize pitfalls and communicate to production as needed.
- Clear communication skills to avoid miss-steps in art production.
- 2-5 years game development experience as an artist.
- 2 or more shipped game titles.
- Significant experience interacting with or directing outsourced art efforts.
- Excellent knowledge of the current standards of art in the game industry.
- Working knowledge of, and the ability to critique, modeling assets, both organic and hard surfaced, including characters, environments, architecture, props, vehicles, and weapons.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Production or management experience is a big plus.
- Knowledge and ability to critique animation and/or visual effects a plus.
- Unreal Game Engine experience is a plus.
- A passion for art and making games.
- Must possess current US work authorization.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com or Firaxis.com accounts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.