This job is no longer accepting applications.
Arkane Austin is looking for a Technical Designer to join our team of focused developers with a proven track record of making fun and memorable player experiences.
As a Technical Designer at Arkane, you’ll be responsible for partnering with other members of the team to solve technically demanding design problems, prototyping new game systems, and improving pipelines and workflow for the team.
- Author and collaborate on new gameplay prototypes
- Assist with script reviews and provide technical support for designers
- Be mindful of performance and memory budgets, and help maintain requirements
- Define, implement, and maintain pipelines for new systems
- Work with our Tools team to identify and improve existing pipelines and workflows
- Participate and contribute to design discussions and critiques
- Take on design implementation work as needed
- Share information and encourage those around you
- Advanced scripting or programming experience
- Strong understanding of 3D math
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design
- Previous game development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to self-motivate and drive feature development while collaborating with multiple disciplines
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience developing for consoles
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.