Development QA Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Codemasters Cheshire are looking for a talented Development QA Analyst to join the team! You will be directly in the development teams, contributing to building a word-class DevQA function while using your passion for video games to drive your career forward and build fantastic racing games. As a Development QA Analyst, you’ll be working in our talented dev teams to support the design, engineering and continuous testing of our games while they are being created.
You’ll create, maintain and execute new QA procedures, and use a range of manual and automated testing tools and telemetry systems to monitor, validate and report on the quality of the game and the development process.
Skills & Experience –
- Excellent games knowledge and a passion for the medium. Racing game experience will really help, but isn’t required.
- Proven background in software testing concepts and Agile development processes, with a good technical understanding of game software elements.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, with a logical and methodological approach to tasks.
- Proven analytical and reporting skills, with a focus on milestone and metrics reporting.
- Good standard of general education to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant field; ISTQB Certified Tester is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office applications and Issue/Test Management systems such as JIRA, TestRail etc.
- Experience of working with MS Visual Studio, Plastic, Jenkins (or similar tools).
- Experience working with Power BI is desirable
Key Responsibilities –
- Review and assess new User Stories and design specifications prior to development.
- Create and execute procedures to validate or test prototypes, game components, assets, features and game systems.
- Provide regular reporting and/or statistical analysis on the status of the game and the Dev QA process overall.
- Regularly assess and analyse key Dev QA and development processes for efficiency and effectiveness, and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Evaluate manual and automated test results, and regress issues as they are addressed by the development team.
- Play a key role in the development process by attending project reviews and daily scrum meetings.
- Communicate build status and provide defect risk assessment, root cause analysis, and defect prioritization guidance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.