This job is no longer accepting applications.
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
What you’ll do
The LiveOps Specialist is an individual contributor whose primary responsibility is ensuring the integrity of our product(s) in the Live environment and maintaining backend configurations for our Item Shop and rotating Events. They will work with internal and external stakeholders, acting as a primary contact for all configuration and LiveOps issues. They will work with Dev/QA groups to ensure backend configurations are set correctly for Test/Staging and Production testing/deployments. They may mentor less experienced members of the team and operate within generally defined procedures. Position may entail other duties as assigned.
In this role, you will
- Coordinating and directing Patch, Event, Content and Platform Store verification globally
- Owning and maintaining LiveOps Dashboard for issue prioritization
- Own and maintain daily stand-ups with various stakeholders (Customer Care, Community, Production, QA)
- Owning/configuring Jira for LiveOps related issues/project and team needs
- Manage and make transparent with all stakeholders Global Release dates and timings
- Monitoring issues reported in the Live environment and escalating to stakeholders as needed
- Grafana Dashboard management and monitoring
- Coordinating and directing Mock Deployments
- Responsible for configuring and directing testing on all backend/CDN changes
- Responsible for owning, configuring and directing testing of our Item Shop and associated systems
- Adding/Editing localization from RLB for general config/bug fixes
- Active communication and coordination with Customer Care, Community, Release and Dev teams
- Works with Release after patch approval to run server checks prior to patch update to ensure server stability in Prod
- Assists with Hotfix escalation, scheduling, coordination and deployment
What we’re looking for
- Experience with P4, json files, database entry (HeidiSQL), Jira, Confluence, github, CDN distribution, Grafana
- Understanding of Production timelines in relation to Video Game development
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Solid organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to use independent judgment; sometimes outside of established procedures and supports the development of new or enhanced technical tools
- Good understanding of / experience with modern gaming consoles and associated software
- 2+ years of related experience
- Must be able to learn, comprehend and apply new concepts, techniques and procedures quickly
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.