Senior Localisation QA Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square Enix is on the look out for a passionate individual to join our Localisation QA team. In this position you will ensure that the English versions of all assigned titles reach Square-Enix linguistic standards, and comply with First Party compliance expectations. If you have a passion for Japanese games and speak native level English we want to hear from you.
- Vet all bugs reported by LQA vendor
- Undertake linguistic First Party standards checks (TRC/XR/Lot check)
- Smoke test on code and vendor bug reports, play-through tests
- Vendor assessment
- Overall day-to-day project management of assigned titles:
- Coordination with SEJ Localise/JQA
- Direction of outsource vendor linguistic testing
Assistant LQA Managers, Senior QA Lead team, Senior LQA Manager, Japanese Language Support Team, External vendor LQA team, Localisation Producer, Head of Localisation, SEJ Localise, JQA
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of games QA
- High degree of native level English Language skills
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- Basic Japanese language skills
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work as part of team
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Able to work to deadlines
- Basic programming knowledge
- Knowledge of development process
- Understanding of console market, set up of hardware
- Basic networking skills (setting up routers etc)
- Interest in video games and Japanese / RPG titles in particular
- Experience leading teams
- Knowledge of Square Enix games
Our goal at Square Enix is to hire, retain, develop and promote the best talent, regardless of age, gender, race, religious, belief, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Our pledge to D&I
At Square Enix we believe in the importance of being a diverse and global company, and we stand firmly together against any forms of injustice, intolerance, harassment or discrimination. In our effort to create a truly diverse workforce, we pledge to continue to raise awareness in every step of the employee experience, from recruitment to promotions to ensure equal opportunities for all. One of our goals is to champion diversity in games and at work and work together to inspire real change.
Learning and education around D&I will be a key element for us to continue to grow as an organization. With unconscious bias training, D&I workshops and a variety of initiatives to give our employees the opportunity to be heard and be part of that change to achieve real equality. We need all our efforts to continue to build our culture of inclusion and equality.
We are also proud to partner with UKIE's Raise the Game pledge, BAME in Games and Women in Games, to name a few.
[Square Enix are committed to keeping our employees safe. We are listening closely to government guidelines, and this role will be based remotely until the company sees fit to return to the office. This role will be based in our Blackfriars Studio in London, upon return.]
Your application has been successfully submitted.