BioShock, Borderlands, Battleborn, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
Our Dev QA Team works hand in hand with developers, product managers and our other QA teams to test game development tools and pipelines to ensure these remain valid and function correctly throughout the development lifecycle. The position reports to a QA Lead or Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete daily testing of tools in a timely manner.
- Identify defects and verify fixes within bespoke tools.
- Follow and maintain existing test plans, as well as creating new ones.
- Enter clear and concise bugs into the bug-tracking database.
- Help identify and prioritize bug-fixes needed for future tools releases
- Test fixes for programmers and designers.
- Reproduce issues for programmers and designers.
- Available to work OT and weekends when necessary.
- Work closely with other QA members and the development team as a whole.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Technically proficient with PC’s and gaming consoles.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Outlook and Database Software
- Basic understanding of source control.
- Ability to learn new toolsets quickly.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- 1+ year of QA experience
- Experience using Windows, and MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of current video game platforms and related hardware.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and schedule demands in a fluid environment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Atlassian Jira /Confluence
- Seapine TestTrack Pro
- Wiki / HTML editing
- QA work experience in a development studio environment
- Experience with PS4 / Xbox One in a development environment
- Microsoft Visual Studio - Debugging, compilation and conflict resolution
- Code literacy (ability to read and understand the general thrust of code, if not the exact means of execution)
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Your application has been successfully submitted.