Quality Designer (Star Wars Team)
Quality Designer - Star Wars, Chatsworth
Respawn Entertainment is an Oscar winning AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
You are passionate about making high-quality great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals. You are experienced in game development, passionate and eager about quality, and use technology and data to protect the player experience.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
As a Quality Designer, you will report to the QA Manager and will be focused on improving the operational efficiency of the QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new technology and data strategies. You will work embedded within the team, improve QA practices across EA, have a quality mindset from a customer perspective, and be an advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
- Propose technical solutions and identify automation opportunities to achieve better efficiency in the testing process
- Partner with Quality Engineering team to draft requirements for tools and automation.
- Develop working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams by guiding a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Research past and similar iterations of services, perform analyses, and use data to provide meaningful insights.
- Report progress status through regular email or face-to-face communication.
- Engage with other Quality Designers to research and implement best practices.
- 5 years experience as a game analyst/QA feature owner
- Shipped multiple AAA titles from concept to final/live service
- Experience planning tool and automation requirements
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Proficient in development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce).
Your application has been successfully submitted.