Senior Test Manager, Diablo Immortal
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented testers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you are a QA leader with proven management experience, a stellar track record providing software quality confidence, and you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach then join us to help deliver excellence on the Diablo team!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- As the Diablo Immortal Sr Test Manager, you will manage a multisite test team and partner to deliver our global testing strategy.
- Innovate technology and process improvements into the product SDLC to improve quality, speed, reliability, and predictability
- Lead, recruit, coach, and manage a large team towards individual and team excellence
- Influence cross-functional teams on end to end strategy, test execution, and reporting
- Accountable for the quality of all deliverables, workflows, and relationships for the test team
- Partner and provide high-value quality-related services to production leadership
- Forecast and manage the product’s test schedules, needs, dependencies, and resources
- Develop and manage the master test plan for the product
- Drive quality projects with regional teams, partners, stakeholders, and QA teams
- Set and drive annual and continuous improvement goals for the team
- Contribute to long term QA vision creation and drive communication outward with stakeholders
- Facilitate resolution of project impacting issues that require intervention
- Champion and influence software development best practices and the customer experience
- Present formal business reviews regularly
What you’ll bring:
- A growth mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Test and/or Project Management experience: 8+ years
- Personnel management experience: 4+ years
- Experience with Mobile development technologies and working in a distributed co-development environment.
- Experience managing diverse cross-functional technical teams
- Experience building and maintaining strategic partnerships and developing insource and outsource solutions
- Experience with white/gray/black box and automation test methods
- Experience with user research methods
- Successful releases of multiple game titles leading test and quality efforts on mobile platforms
- Track record innovating and improving product SDLCs
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services.
- Ability to speak and or read and write in Mandarin
- ISTQB or CSTE certification or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Dev Ops, Data Science, Engineering and Visualization applied to test
- Understanding of the end to end components that are needed to make a AAA game
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.