Game Designer - Unannounced Project
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Blizzard is looking for a talented and experienced game designer to create a new experience for mobile. This position will focus on the creative design and technical implementation of encounter-based content and play balance; however, you will be expected to wear many hats! The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of the Blizzard universes, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- A minimum of 2 years of game development experience.
Knowledge & Skills
- Work as part of the design group and take responsibility and ownership of in-game features and content.
- Collaborate with the other department leads to ensure positive communication and problem-solving between disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative.
- Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and producers.
- Absolute passion for playing and making games, especially in genres Blizzard is known for.
- Able to work in a demanding team environment.
- Experience with mobile development.
- Experience in Unity.
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.