Big Data Engineer - Analytics Group
AppsFlyer is known for its massive backend production. At any given moment thousands of servers are consuming 100+ billion mobile app events, crunching our users’ data, serving requests and communicating on a massive scale.
To maintain the universe we call AppsFlyer, we practice modern production operations with a complete self-serve CI/CD platform, highly integrated observability stack for our micro-services, backends and infrastructure, a culture of ownership and eagerness for quality.
The Analytics group is responsible to show our clients the stories their data is telling. Through complex aggregation, mission tailored analytics databases and carefully crafted APIs we are able to provide slice and dice analysis in our beautiful dashboards and through the use of external integrations. Our group mixes disciplines from back-end engineers to data and front-end engineers and we’re looking for great data developers that are passionate about what they do, who want to dive into the worlds of big data and production management at our scale, to help us reach our vision and goal: to be the best analytics suite in our business market.
What do you gain?
Scale. We mean it. Think BIG! With more than 300 (and growing) engineers, hundreds of deployments per day for our 400+ microservices, on top of thousands of machines we manage on the cloud, we produce around *petabyte* of data, daily. You’ll learn how to run systems at scales as well as the reality of hyper growth from many great engineers.
What you'll do
- Develop end-to-end both client facing and data infrastructure features from data processing to database choice and modeling implementation
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers to deliver complex products.
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability and stability of our systems, environments and tools.
- If you're up to the challenge - Speak at meetups, write blog posts, speak at conferences, contribute to existing open source projects and release new open source software.
What you have
- 5+ years of development experience with passion for excellence, 2+ specifically in production grade Spark pipelines .
- Strong server-side skills.
- Real-life experience with developing and maintaining a large scale big data system.
- Deep understanding of Big / Distributed Data concepts like partitioning and skew.
- Passion about continuous growth and improvement
- “A get-things-done” approach.
- B.Sc. in Computer Sciences or an equivalent.
- Applicative nosql DB optimization background
- Ability to form strong mental models of complex data serving stacks.
- Being introduced by an AppsFlyer team member
As a global company operating in 16 countries across 5 continents, we reflect the human mosaic of the diverse and multicultural world in which we live. We ensure equal opportunities for all of our employees and promote the recruitment of diverse talents to our global teams without consideration of race, gender, culture, or sexual orientation. We value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from all our employees, customers, and partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.