Associate Game Designer
- Work directly with Senior and Lead designers on the combat team.
- Implement data and assets required to support features and systems.
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to prototype, iterate, and execute systems.
- Playtest regularly and provide feedback on combat features, combat systems, and other components of our games.
- Create and maintain design documentation that clearly communicates the requirements for Combat Systems.
The skills and experience you’ll need:
- The ability to bring a positive, supportive, and collaborative attitude to a team environment.
- Self-motivated work ethic with a desire to learn, absorb feedback, and tackle a variety of design tasks.
- Attention to detail and a thoughtful approach to solving design problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of Call of Duty, FPS Genre, and multiplayer industry trends.
- Experience in a detail-oriented data entry or content implementation role.
- Experience with game development tools, and bug tracking software.
- Formal game design, interface design, product design, training, or 1+ years of equivalent experience in a game design role.
- Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel, Slack, JIRA, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Passion for playing and making video games.
- Willing to complete and submit a written design document evaluation if asked.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Your application has been successfully submitted.