Mobile User Acquisition Specialist
We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world. We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
About the group and team
Canva’s Marketing & Engagement Group has a big mission to build the most loved brand in the world! Our success is shaping how we communicate and relate to our community, and guide teams internally to deliver delightful product experiences and communications.
We’re looking for a skilled Mobile Acquisition Specialist to join our Performance Marketing team, working closely alongside some of the top marketers in the world. You’ll thrive in a fast-moving, fluid environment, and be passionate about shaping user-centric experiences, communications, and working with diverse groups of people across the organisation to achieve your goals. You’ll have a few years experience in Performance Marketing ideally with a mobile skew, be able to think strategically and be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
As part of the team, you will own day-to-day campaign management across key markets to drive accelerated business growth across multiple platforms and channels. We work closely with organic teams, i18n growth marketers, engineers, designers and product coordinators to exponentially grow Canva’s overall revenue & users on mobile.
What we're looking for
Teams at Canva strive to strike a measured balance between getting things done effectively and long-term maintainability. We keep things tight, with no big egos, promote a highly data-informed approach and welcome self-driven professionals to come and join in on the adventure.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes Performance Marketing and has a passion for mobile. You will be enthusiastic about embracing the different opportunities & challenges that come with working across a hypergrowth, global company. We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so.
We are looking for someone who will thrive when presented with challenges, is not afraid to try new things, going from project to project without losing enthusiasm. You enjoy finding new ways to improve efficiency both in terms of performance and the process, and are excited about working with cross-functional teams. You will be responsible for hands-on campaign management across multiple channels and platforms. As the role will be focused on driving mobile growth across a range of markets, it is preferred that you have experience running campaigns on mobile & have worked on portfolios that span the globe.
We are open to candidates based across Australia or in our California hub (either the San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles).
What you'll do
- Increase efficiencies and scale across mobile performance channels - Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to drive mobile growth and global market penetration.
- Manage mobile UA & retargeting campaigns - Manage, scale and optimize campaigns globally across various mobile paid channels including but not limited to UAC, Apple Search Ads, Snapchat, TikTok and others.
- Share our wins & learnings - Communicate accurate and timely weekly reports on the performance of your campaigns to the team & wider stakeholders.
- Be the subject-matter expert - Work with Google and Apple ad teams and internal teams to ensure we’re at the forefront of performance marketing on mobile.
- Provide strategic mobile support - Contribute to planning and strategy for growth initiatives across the business through paid mobile channels.
- Be a team player - Involvement with other marketing, product and growth activities as needed.
A bit about you
- You have at least 2 years of hands-on experience running UAC and/or ASA campaigns to hit efficiency & volume targets in-house/client side (without an agency).
- You have worked on global campaigns and understand the importance of localisation on performance and user behaviour in mobile-first markets.
- You’re a stickler for details and love a good spreadsheet - you’re comfortable with numbers, statistics & analysing large amounts of data to identify trends, optimise campaigns, forecast & make decisions.
- You live and breathe performance marketing (and mobile!) and are a keen follower of current trends in the industry.
- You have strong project management skills and never miss a deadline.
- You have a strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate urgency with projects big and small.
- You thrive in a fast-changing environment and with multiple teams relying on you.
- You're willing to be hands-on — no task is too small or too big.
- You have great organisation and communication skills.
- Must have mobile focused performance marketing experience
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Professional education allowance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Competitive salary.
- Equity in one of the world's fastest growing companies.
- Flexible working hours (we value work-life balance!).
- Professional education allowance.
- Generous leave policies (sick days, holiday leave, parental leave, volunteer days).
- 401(k) Program
- Work with our growing teams in either San Francisco or Los Angeles
One of our core values at Canva, “Being a force for good” means we are actively working towards a world that isn't just good for a small few, but one that’s good for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community. To achieve this, we need to constantly work towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.