Sr. Games Analyst, Player Experience
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re searching for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
Jam City is looking for a Sr. Games Analyst of Player Experience and Insights. Reporting to the Director of Player Experience and Insights, this individual will support game, player experience, and marketing research initiatives for a number of our mobile games.
In this role, you will work closely with the research teams (Player Experience, Consumer Insights, UX Research) and cross-functional teams on a number of in-house qualitative and quantitative research research projects from inception through analysis and game implementation. Projects include managing our Experience Management platform, player feedback analysis across multiple listening paths, app store and social reviews using sentiment analysis, player journey analysis, player churn analysis and prediction modeling, and text analytics using Machine Learning and advanced semantic search. Additionally, this individual will play a key role supporting and leading activities related to personalization of our games using player segmentation data and other operational analytics.
Our ideal candidate loves mobile games and possesses a strong curiosity and passion to understand what types of data that help us understand the “whys” that drive player behavior and decision-making. They will be adept at data collection, analysis, and recognizing opportunities with our games using data, as well as new approaches and original thinking.
- Inspire a player-first culture across Jam City. Partner with Director, Player Experience & Insights to define the overall player experience strategy ensuring all leaders have a clear understanding of the company’s vision and goals for player experience excellence, and of their organization’s respective contribution
- Drive positive player experiences that create improved loyalty, retention and growth, building on the voice of the player feedback, and qualitative and quantitative data
- Develop and execute the player journey map, develop listening points in the journey (discovery, install, FTUE, usage, etc.) and evolve a strategic roadmap for each point in the journey. This will involve identifying major pain points, making recommendations and setting measurable outcomes.
- Define motivational segmentation of player base across games and identify strategies to improve the player experience across relevant business units (data science, UA, product marketing, live service strategy, etc.)
- Lead personalization efforts across games in partnership with data science and game teams. Create alternate messages, art, pop-ups, etc. across the player journey for different motivational segments. Ensure data layer via DS tools matches the targeted messaging to the right player. Test personalized feature experiences such as events and refine as needed.
- Implement and manage Jam City’s Experience Management (XM) platform, Player Beat. Partner with CI, Marketing and Game Teams to set up reporting dashboards. Partner with Data Science to ensure analytics data is ingested into and exported out of the XM platform. Monitor key experience metric changes over time and report insights to key stakeholders to improve AEM. Create systems that alert game and support teams in real-time of critical player experience issues observed in experience metrics and/or player feedback
- Report XM metrics at KPI meetings for high priority titles and work closely with game teams to identify high opportunity areas for each game.
- Understand game metrics to inform hypotheses and recommend A/B testing experiments with clear and measurable success criteria.
- Create strategy for churn listening path across high priority titles. Identify primary reasons for churn and partner with game teams to decrease pain points.
- Lead all App Store review analysis for Player Beat games and for key competitive titles to identify opportunities for Jam City games.
- Partner with CI to identify new players for Insider Recruiting based on specs from PMs. Work with CI project managers to recruit new players each quarter.
- Advocate for best practices (internal and external) and implementation of those practices across all Jam City games: Present weekly/monthly updates at cross functional and research meetings // Inform internal teams of noteworthy wins (and losses) // Inform stakeholders of big wins (and losses)
- 5+ years of research / analytics experience, preferably within the entertainment, tech or gaming industry.
- Must love mobile games, particularly casual games including puzzle and bubble shooter. Familiarity with mobile game mechanics is required
- Experience writing SQL queries and distilling complex analysis into actionable insights
- Experience with experience management platforms such as Qualtrics, Medallia, InMoment, others.
- Extensive experience creating tableau dashboards
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with a focus on data-driven decision making.
- Self-starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- Can organize, clarify and communicate complex ideas quickly, succinctly and accurately. Has a quick intelligence, is fast on the feet, and quickly responds to inquiries and questions
- Works effectively and enjoys the interplay across cross-functional teams, such as studio, marketing, UA, data analytics and product management
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, undefined environment
- Must be able to understand and diagnose the economy of the game, driving healthy behavioral metrics
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree required, MA degree in social sciences, marketing science, applied research, statistics or related field is a plus. Must have a strong academic record and analytical background
- English language proficiency required
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.
Your application has been successfully submitted.