Senior Software Engineer, Growth (User Acquisition)
• 5+ years of experience in a full stack or technically polyglot environment, covering at least some of microservices systems at internet scale, ETL pipelines and data wrangling
• Mastery of at least one server side stack (preferably Scala based or a pure functional environment, or any of the mainstream server-side stacks)
• Otherwise comfortable making contributions in a variety of environments, languages and stacks
• Proven ability to build prototypes, iterate quickly, and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing, and measuring new ideas very quickly
• Demonstrated passion for technical execution and quality
• A passion for technical leadership and mentoring
About the job
A stellar opportunity to massively impact Hopper’s Growth! Join a rapidly growing company that is continuously redefining how people travel! The Growth team at Hopper is directly impacting Hopper’s rapid acceleration, and has been instrumental to approximately tripling our valuation to $3.5B in the past year.
Our User Acquisition team is focused on one of the biggest levers for growth: using data to inform business decisions around paid marketing that will help us acquire millions of new users. The goal is to create a paid growth loop that will significantly accelerate our net revenue growth through paid marketing and ensure that our marketing budget is allocated to our most profitable segments. In this role you will build, scale and experiment with automation, reporting and data analysis systems and act as a force amplifier for our marketing managers and millions of dollars in monthly marketing spend.
- Collaborate with a team of talented engineers to develop innovative solutions to challenging, impactful, technical problems
- Help define and scale our marketing data-operations, reporting and automation platforms, building them to be world class and to hit internet scale
- Define, evolve and maintain our system architecture and operational processes
- Thoughtfully contribute to and influence the technical direction of the team, and the strategic direction of the product
- Level up your team members, and mentor, support and otherwise grow those who are more junior than you
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings. Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
- Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
- Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
- The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!
Your application has been successfully submitted.