Product Manager, Live Operations
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking an experienced live operations manager to help lead development of our title and player management tools and services. As a member of our Social Club product management team, you will need a critical and creative eye capable of putting forth innovative solutions to complex problems. Working with a wide variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders, you will be tasked with cultivating and executing on a vision for the Rockstar Games online platform, which services millions of players worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences.
- We create and maintain high-impact features for Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online, the Rockstar Games Launcher, and the Social Club website, as well as the core Social Club player accounts ecosystem and related social and messaging channels.
- We also align technology and tools with our digital distribution platform to create solutions that enhance our games and empower various teams within Rockstar – including development, marketing, security and customer support – to engage with our players.
- Work with game and marketing live operations teams to build features that enable ongoing growth and experience optimization initiatives for Rockstar online titles.
- Advocate for player and internal stakeholder needs at every step of the development cycle.
- Collaborate with UX and visual designers to transform bold concepts into refined, well-scoped features.
- Draft project briefs and liaise with technical leadership to gauge feasibility and level of effort.
- Generate product roadmaps and secure consensus from stakeholders on scope and deliverable timelines.
- Command a high-level mastery of features and systems in your portfolio and explain their capabilities and limitations to non-technical stakeholders.
- Leverage Google Analytics, Tableau, and internal reporting systems to generate insights on product performance and inform feature design.
- Educate development and business stakeholders about live ops best practices and advocate for development of live ops controls for new features and content releases.
- Ensure technical and user documentation is properly maintained and organized.
- 3+ years managing a live operations practice for a game, SaaS, or similar product
- Confidence cultivating technical projects through inception, design, and implementation.
- Preference towards working iteratively and responding to changing requirements and evolving stakeholder visions.
- Knack for influencing stakeholders across a variety of groups – including publishing, design, technical leadership, and external development partners – without explicit authority.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Avid gamer with a passion for Rockstar Games titles.
- Experience across multiple business areas, including Support, Marketing, Game Development, Legal, etc.
- Experience mentoring junior product managers.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or similar product-focused certification.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Your application has been successfully submitted.