Sr. Manager, Esports Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment.
That's where you come in.
As Sr. Manager, Esports Management, you build and coordinate the esports operations of Riot Southeast Asia. You will build alliances, acquire talent, and expand the Riot Esports footprint into our key markets. This role will act as a COO to the Head of SEA Esports and help manage the P&L, reporting, and business operations of Riot’s SEA Esports organization. You will drive cohesion and uniform processes across our various esports and locations and act as a sounding board for the Head of SEA Esports for new processes and investments.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team oversees the Southeast Asia region: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
- Lead the SEA Expansion of Riot’s Esports footprint across the region
- Manage the Regional P&L and financials for Riot’s SEA Esports expansion
- Oversee partner relations across SEA, developing strong relationships with our partners to support the growth of their businesses and governance of our esports products
- Manage RFPs, track individual partner performance with data-driven KPIs
- Represent the Riot SEA Regional Esports ecosystem externally as spokesperson in public- and industry-facing settings
- Work closely with our BD and Legal team to support the tender process of our local vendors and license partners to identify and evaluate new business and competition opportunities
- Manage the SEA Esports budget and meet business, competition, and viewership KPIs
- Degree in Sports or Business Administration, or equivalent degree with relevance to the role
- 8+ years of experience in senior positions in esports or esports media entertainment, or equivalent
- Strong understanding of esports and sports industry, league and pro-team business
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in English.
- Additional languages beyond English are a bonus, but not required
- Extensive experience as a Esports League Operator
- Experience in setting up RFPs and tender processes
- Comprehensive understanding of the players in the gaming, esports, technology and entertainment verticals
- Command of a relevant language preferred but not required (Mandarin, Thai, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Bahasa Malay/Indonesian)
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Covered phone bills
- Daily food allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Your application has been successfully submitted.