Test Analyst, World of Warcraft
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
We're hiring a Test Analyst in QA for World of Warcraft!
• Deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenence, and test closure results through both manual and automated Grey-box test approaches
• Develop test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies, including but not limited to data validation, regression testing, integration testing, and performance/load testing
• Partner with other developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be effectively tested
• Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
• Ensure deployment stability across all environments
• Research, recommend, and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
• Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality • Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
• Help others develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback
• Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities • Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or ~3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in software testing
• Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically QA processes in agile and waterfall development environments
• Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
• ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or equivalent
• Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
• Passion for games and software quality
• White box testing experience
• ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
• High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
• Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.