Level Designer - Unannounced Project
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and passionate level designer to collaborate with our worldbuilding team for an unannounced project. As a level designer, you will foster Blizzard’s core value of “Gameplay First” as you collaborate with a small team of designers, engineers, and artists responsible for crafting this unannounced project's world.
We are a team of passionate developers that highly values open-minded collaboration, direct, objective feedback, and the eagerness to grab and drive a feature to Blizzard quality. As a level designer on the team, you will collaborate closely with design to create excellent gameplay spaces, while also championing artistic execution alongside environment and concept artists. You will be reviewing feedback from playtests and collaborate with your teammates to decide what actions to take. When particularly hard problems arise, you will draw upon the team's collective creativity to finalize a design that meets the project’s needs.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience building immersive, explorable environments for modern AAA titles. By blending your mastery of level design with a critical eye for layout and art, you will create epic, memorable worlds. Our team works at a fast pace and are ripe with challenges to take on.
Your portfolio should include visual examples of your favorite game spaces that you have created in your career to date.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Provide world building and level design from conception to the final stages of polish.
- Implement level design/project goals and objectives, ensuring the game's creative pillars are captured.
- Partner with engineering to define and create tooling that effectively complements Blizzard's world-class handcrafted level design.
- Embrace Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
- 3 years’ experience in the games industry working as level designer, shipping at least one AAA title.
- Demonstrated mastery of level design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, etc.
- Strong understanding of level editing packages such as Maya, Unity, UDK, or other proprietary tools.
- Good spatial and layout design skills.
- Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- Experience using rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts.
- Passion for making games look and play great.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside feedback.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Experience with AAA game engines such as Source, Unreal, Unity, or CryEngine
- Knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance.
- Passion for action games on console or PC.
Your application has been successfully submitted.