Manager, Strategic Partnerships
This job is no longer accepting applications.
• 4+ years of sales and partner management experience at a high-growth technology company, with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
• Proven ability to learn new systems, industries and businesses
• Creative deal making skills; ability to go beyond templated sales instructions
• Superior ability to craft and deliver compelling and data driven presentations
• Capacity to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
• Top notch written and verbal communication skills
• Independently motivated showing an attention to detail, a focus on task completion and a proactive outlook to anticipate and plan for future needs and possibilities
• Ability to work and communicate exceptionally well with a cross functional organization
• Comfortable working in a remote environment with a globally distributed team
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Prior experience in airline distribution (OTA, TMC, GDS, airline, etc)
• Bi-lingual in English & Spanish
About the job
The Hopper Manager of Strategic Partnerships will secure value added deals for Hopper users from travel and hospitality organizations around the world in exchange for driving incremental business to the travel partners’ destination or location. In this role you would have at your disposal a unique and expanding suite of Hopper marketing products that include branded notifications and sponsored listings. Your initial sales targets will be DMOs, DMCs, Tourism Authorities and Airports.
This is a high-visibility role with an opportunity to make an immediate, material impact in a high-growth environment. If you crush your goals in this job you can advance into sales and business leadership positions. The strongest candidates will be passionate about sales, able to intuitively communicate Hopper’s unique value proposition and frame our benefits to prospective partners.
- Identify opportunities with prospective partners and own the partner acquisition cycle from first contact to close
- Manage the full scope of partnership including: cold outreach, discovery and pitching, contract negotiation, business reviews and renewals
- Conduct thorough discovery meetings and use learnings to evolve partner value proposition and advocate for partner needs within Hopper
- Leverage data analysis to understand and forecast partner performance, and model unit economics
- Work closely with the Hopper product team to design and launch new pilot products to support partner initiatives and implement campaigns
- Analyze and communicate partner performance, and provide strategic recommendations to optimize future spend
- Identify and represent Hopper in relevant trade shows and conferences
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has seen its valuation more than double since early 2020, reflecting the strength of our mobile-only marketplace and the value customers are deriving from our proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate our recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $3.5B, reflecting the strength of its mobile-only marketplace and value customers are deriving from the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
- Based on its current run rate, Hopper is pacing towards 330% revenue growth compared to last year, and it has already surpassed its pre-pandemic revenue peak from Q1 2020 by over 100%.
- Hopper has over 60 million downloads, consistently ranks as one of the most downloaded travel apps, and now has a larger air travel market share in North America than it did before the pandemic (source: MIDT).
- The company is on track to surpass $1.5 billion in travel sales this year, with 40% coming from the hotel and car rental categories.
- Hopper’s fintech offerings, such as Price Freeze and Rebooking Guarantee, now represent 50% of its revenue.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel fintech.
The industry opportunity for Hopper Cloud is enormous as projections estimate that if all travel distribution channels offered travel fintech, it could increase the total consumer spend for the sector by $200 billion annually.
All this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!
Your application has been successfully submitted.