This job is no longer accepting applications.
DoubleVerify is a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data and analytics. DV’s mission is to be the definitive source of transparency and data-driven insights into the quality and effectiveness of digital advertising for the world’s largest brands, publishers and digital ad platforms. DV’s technology platform provides advertisers with consistent and unbiased data and analytics that can be used to optimize the quality and return on their digital ad investments. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital advertising ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
Join the growing DoubleVerify legal team and spend your summer learning about the world of Digital Advertising and the unique legal challenges of this rapidly growing industry. As a Legal Intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of projects and gain valuable in-house legal experience in various areas, including: contracting and negotiations, M&A, corporate governance, employment law, privacy, cybersecurity, international regulation, SEC filings, and compliance. We are looking for someone who is intellectually curious, resourceful and positive, self-motivated and excited to learn and incorporate coaching and instructions into daily tasks and projects.
What you'll do
- Assist the Legal Team with reviewing, drafting and executing contracts and other documents
- Contribute to review and updates of legal templates (e.g., NDAs, MSAs, etc.) and collateral such as handbooks
- Assist the Privacy Team with reviewing, drafting and executing data processing agreements and similar privacy focused documentation
- Contribute to review and updates of internal and external data governance documentation, privacy policies and privacy notices
- Support Privacy and Security teams in analyzing and responding to a variety of privacy and cybersecurity focused inquiries and concerns providing effective legal support to DoubleVerify’s business teams
- Conduct preliminary reviews of legal questionnaires and legal questions in client RFIs and RFPs
- Review and assist in the preparation of securities related filings
- Review corporate governance related matters and draft corporate and board related approvals
- Undertake legal and regulatory research
- Prepare communications summarizing results of research
- Work on ad hoc projects
Who you are
- Interest in working at a newly public software company in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Juris Doctor (1L or 2L) at an ABA accredited institution
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Strong writing skills, verbal and written communication skills, excellent social skills
- Tech savvy with high competency using Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong analytical, organizational and legal research skills
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Familiarity with legal documents such as non-disclosure agreements or master services agreements
- Prior contract review experience
- Familiarity with privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR or CCPA)
- Prior experience working in an office environment having regular interaction via telephone, videoconference, and email
Your application has been successfully submitted.