Big Fish Games is a player-centric game publisher that has been influential to the game development world over the last 20 years. Distinguished by its value-driven, collaborative, and inclusive culture, Big Fish continues to innovate the game experience, build community and connections through games, and craft meaningful games played by millions.
Big Fish has an extensive portfolio of popular casual games across genres including EverMerge, Big Fish Casino, JMS, Gummy Drop, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device.
Big Fish is part of Aristocrat Leisure Limited.
Big Fish Games is looking for an exceptional growth marketer to lead and shape our App Store Optimisation (ASO) strategy and roadmap. The ideal candidate will be a results driven ASO evangelist, with a proven track record of improving App Store presence, ranking and installs. This senior figure will need to have a strong analytical and creative mindset who can work collaboratively with creative strategists, creative studio, analysts, marketing and game studios.
You’ll report into the Head of Brand, within the Growth organisation, leading the ASO strategy across our mobile games portfolio, to help maximise visibility and increase IPM whilst ensuring we’re at the forefront of the latest developments in ASO for the App Store and Google Play. As a core leader within the Brand Team, you’ll work closely with product, user acquisition and analytics teams to measure the performance of your ASO campaigns and their impact on the conversion funnel.
Strategy & Planning
- Ownership of the ASO roadmap and testing methodology for all live titles and games in development within the Big Fish Portfolio.
- Devise strategies per title to increase visibility, rankings and conversion rates to ultimately improve the success of our games.
- Oversee planning, goal setting, delivery and measurement in-line with core business priorities.
- Responsibility for global localization strategy for key titles.
- Working in partnership with our Creative strategist to understand core brand components and create store assets that represent our brands authentically.
- Liaise with product marketers to gain visibility into product roadmaps, gain insight into the games and support up and coming game features within the stores.
- During game production, work with the studios and own the concept testing process to assess viability, opportunities and areas for optimization in the run up to worldwide launch.
- Establish benchmarks for performance against the addressable market we can use for future game launches.
- Work with external agencies and internal creative teams to gain insights and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain the company’s ASO strategy and guidelines.
- Vetting and onboarding new platforms and tools that further our ASO efforts
- Observe and assess ASO innovation and excellence across the industry to integrate learnings and educate the team on the ever evolving best practices
Tracking & Testing
- Responsible for driving the implementation of a robust tracking methodology.
- Develop, execute and track tests for all our games leveraging analytics tools such as Apptweak, App Annie, App Store Connect and Google Play Console.
- ASO Campaign performance measurement and analysis with recommendations.
- Research and adopt tools to facilitate effective monitoring and deployment.
- Producing essential documentation and reporting of results, with observations and recommendations.
- Initiating growth experiments to continuously improve KPIs for key titles.
- Monitoring of App Store performance of store reported installs and quality of those installs.
- Create guidelines and recommendations to product marketers in all studios for how to maximise discoverability and conversion rates based on analytics.
Areas of ownership
- Owning and driving all ASO and SEO efforts
- Key word optimization and research
- A/B testing for icons, screenshots, app previews, videos
- Description management in collaboration with the marketing managers
- Agency management - reporting, tracking and localization.
- Great collaborator and communicator that can give clear direction to creative teams, whilst cross-functionally with a number of different disciplines.
- Deep knowledge of optimisation techniques and tech trends, liaising with platform partnerships to keep us at the forefront of the latest store functionality
- Lead levels are experts in their area of specialization and are able to elevate both their team and organization through their work.
- Expert employee able to work autonomously and drive projects forward with little instruction.
- A great team player, always willing to support and collaborate with the wider Growth team.
- Ability to self-serve is a must. Someone that is proactive to seek out information and share findings more broadly.
- Create and present high-quality documents and presentations to senior leadership both inside and outside the company.
- A great communicator, with good presenting skills and a strong ability to build relationships with key partners across senior levels.
- Flexibility, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and copywriting skills.
- 5-8 years of experience in ASO function of a company, preferably in online entertainment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent in-role experience.
Nice to Have
- ASO Senior Marketing Manager with 5+ years mobile gaming experience
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.