Director of Player Personas
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At EA, we believe in the power of positive play. Being part of a gaming community should be fun, fair, inclusive and safe for all. That's at the heart of the focus of the Positive Play Group - from partnering with game development teams to implement best practices and new features, to the guidelines we've developed governing our player communities to reflect our values – all pointing to an ongoing commitment to build better, healthier communities inside, and outside, our games.
As the Director of Player Personas & Personalization, reporting to the SVP of Positive Play, you will use your expertise to establish product vision for EA player profiles, personas and their personalized experiences. You will understand consumer data and how it informs product features and personalization. You will have experience with consumer behaviors in online communities and know how to develop a personalization system that enhances the consumer experience while being transparent about information that is captured and used. You will work with partners across the company to ensure that player needs and our business goals are met. You will promote the consumer-facing vision of Positive Play across the company to advocate for priorities and ensure stellar execution. Your work will be foundational to a top-notch EA experience that will stay relevant as technology and player needs evolve.
- You will partner with our technology, game and product teams to build a global accounts and personalization strategy - anchored in player needs - that is forward-looking, practical, and enables cohesive, connected, and seamless experiences across EA's ecosystem of games and services
- You'll explore essential opportunities in technology, infrastructure, features and communications alongside our partner teams to build product requirements for a personalization system that supports player experiences such as customization and expression,forming clubs and ways to keep players safe from bad actors
- You will identify and address player challenges like easy signup, multiple personas, and more
- You will learn about the landscape of other account and identity solutions in the industry and create strategic partnerships for account linking, federation
- You will analyze metrics that measure the progress and success of product programs
- You'll build rich relationships with executives and senior leaders with diverse teams to establish trust, clear lines of communication, and collaboration
- 10 years of experience in product management or consumer product development on successful live products
- You are comfortable presenting to executive team members
- Experience with a multiplayer game or online community dynamics
- You understand technically complex product development cycles
- You are able to synthesize complex product roadmaps into a holistic strategy
- You visualize complex systems and communicate them through written, verbal and information design skills
- Experience building and shipping consumer-facing products
- Passion for gaming and related interactive experiences
- 3 years of management experience
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.