Internship Sound Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative Mirror’s Edge games.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause. Sound Design Internship
DICE Sound is looking for a inspired and enthusiastic Sound Designer Intern to work with their in-house Audio team, as they design and then implement audio assets for high-profile, action-packed titles for the PlayStation, Xbox and PC platforms.
You will report into and assist one of the relevant project’s Audio Leads and their associated Sound Design team, with the focus being on one core area of a title. You will be able to demonstrate excellent sound creation skills and whilst some prior knowledge of game-creation is a bonus, it isn’t expected, and we want you to be passionate about playing and making great games.
- Working under an Audio Lead, you will contribute to a well defined area of a project’s sound design, both creatively and technically. Additional workload or exposure to new areas is down to your choice and abilities.
- You will create content inline with existing designs and implement this into the game using Frostbite.
- Through playtesting and feedback sessions you will refine the content and it’s supporting to logic, to improve quality, ensure it is fit for purpose, encode as much relevant information as possible into the sound/soundscape and ensure that the feature is optimized and free from bugs and errors.
- As a part of the Audio team you will provide and respond to Audio feedback and be an active mixer for your and your sub team’s assets and provide feedback on the title’s overall mix.
- NOTE The internship is a non-paid and temporary employment
- Experience of sound designing and then implementing quality assets into a game (engine), from both a creative and technical standpoint. Linear (only) experience is also acceptable.
- Desire to develop your game audio production, implementation and engineering skills.
- Proficient with the operation of modern studio hardware, editing and designing techniques, and software such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Sound Forge, Waves, FabFilter, IzoTope RX.
- Outstanding "critical listening" skills.
- Examples of your artistic, narrative and creative sense strengthen your application.
- Knowledge of audio middleware, e.g. WWISE, FMOD, Unity is beneficial
- Knowledge of graphical audio programming, e.g. Reaktor, Max-MSP, Pure Data, is beneficial
As part of your application, please provide:
- An up-to-date resume and cover letter
- A show-reel demonstrating your skills is optional, but recommended
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.