Senior Strategic Planning Associate
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is on the lookout for a Senior Analyst with an aptitude for building detailed and complex forecasting models as well as evaluating strategic landscapes. The ideal candidate for this position will be highly analytical, with demonstrated experience in performing rigorous quantitative and qualitative assessments to help inform significant strategic and operating decisions across the business. Additionally, candidates must be adept at distilling large amounts of data into clear, actionable frameworks to convey plans and make recommendations to the senior leadership team via presentations, memoranda, and discussions.
The successful candidate will have worked in a strategic and/or analytical role within a leading strategy consulting firm, investment bank, private equity firm, and/or digital media company for at least 4 years.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Corporate Development & Strategic Planning team partners with multiple teams across Rockstar, including Publishing, Development, Analytics, Finance, and Business Development, to devise and execute business strategies and initiatives to drive growth.
- Using market research and business analysis, we identify and evaluate opportunities and challenges across the organization and recommend actions.
- Conduct and/or lead key qualitative (e.g., primary research, synthesis of secondary data sources) research on the industry and its competitors to regularly update senior management on financial, operational, and product developments.
- Evaluate the expansion of opportunity areas in existing Rockstar products, and identify and evaluate new strategic initiatives in the broader entertainment space.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of existing and new research topics to keep the team updated on potential areas of interest.
- Lead the creation of detailed, data-driven financial models to support the assessment and valuation of strategic business opportunities.
- Lead the ongoing optimization of existing forecast & ROI models.
- Conduct strategic analysis using a hypothesis-driven approach and synthesize conclusions.
- Identify key variables when creating models and source sensible value ranges for those variables from both internal and external sources.
- Partner with other groups within Rockstar to support strategic business objectives and assist in consolidating cross-org information for the senior leadership team.
- Collaborate with Rockstar and Take-Two finance orgs to communicate and contextualize Rockstar financial forecasts.
- Evaluate new partnership proposals and identify & optimize opportunities in existing business models.
- 5+ years of experience in analysis and/or strategy planning.
- Expertise in building analytical/financial/operating forecasts.
- High proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated passion and understanding of the interactive entertainment industry and the broader entertainment space.
- Strong track record of working with cross-functional operating teams that built execution success with positive teamwork and morale.
- Ability to convert business opportunity scenarios into flexible, clear, and thoughtful models that help inform decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A ‘question the status quo’ and entrepreneurial mindset; a love for learning and natural curiosity.
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Tableau, SQL, and/or R.
- A knowledge of and passion for Rockstar’s games, and the games industry in general.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Your application has been successfully submitted.