This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We are a growing team of 100+ internationally-acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers and a vastly experienced production team. Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in markerless video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
Production at Epic
What We Do
As part of Epic Games, Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We are a team of over 100 internationally acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers, and a vastly
experienced production team.
Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-time capabilities to creatives
and consumers alike.
What You'll Do
Working as part of the wider Production team you will have responsibility for project output with respect to quality, delivery schedules, and internal client satisfaction. The role will require day-to-day management of multi-disciplinary teams and processes, maintaining
clear communication with Producers and Team Leads across the Epic organisation with frequent and detailed communication of progress and potential issues.
In This Role You Will
- Working within a dynamic and creative environment you will manage projects that are designed to push the boundaries of digital humans and game engine technology
- Work with the team to design and implement the most appropriate production pipeline for each project. Be adaptable, every project is unique
- Scheduling and attending meetings on assigned projects, setting agendas, facilitating discussions, taking notes, and identifying action points arising from meetings
- Delivering internal Epic projects and building strong relationships across the organisation
- Detailed project planning and tracking; managing every aspect of the project (team resources, project tasks, milestones, and timeline) to ensure the successful delivery of the project
- Understanding and managing priorities and dependencies across various technical processes, teams & pipelines
- Authoring well-structured reports to communicate project status, risks, and opportunities to the team
- Determine necessary resources and effort to meet project requirements within established deadlines
- Managing multidisciplinary teams (art and tech); working with talented and highly passionate team members and keeping them focused and motivated to meet the requirements of the project
- Removing impediments that arise during development to ensure that allow the creative team to focus on their tasks
- Working closely with HR to deliver regular reviews to support the professional growth of team members
- Effective management of team tasks using in-house project tracking tools, and external applications such as Shotgrid and Jira
What We're Looking For
- Previous experience working in a production role where you have managed cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects
- Strong preference given to candidates with experience working with character animation teams & processes
- Able to organise and track large amounts of information across concurrent projects
- Have strong time management skills with the ability to focus and prioritise in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment
- Eagerness & aptitude to learn new software tools and technologies
- Ability to work autonomously, manage and prioritise own workload
- Strong proficiency in project management software and tools such as Microsoft Office, fTrack, Perforce, Shotgrid, Jira, Confluence, gSuite
- Can communicate with varying levels of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the Epic organisation
- Effective and self-motivated communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive attitude, self-driven, proactive, and team player
- Experience of influencing and motivating others to achieve results
- Be a collaborative and dynamic team-player
- Ability to communicate and comprehend technical information in both written and oral forms
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask/reprioritize
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya and the character animation process
- Unreal Engine experience (Sequencer, Animation Integration, Rendering)
- Adobe Premiere Pro / video editing experience
- Technical aptitude with a willingness to learn proprietary tools & external software
- Basic Python scripting knowledge
- Excel scripting
- An understanding of visual effects / asset creation / game development / software development / tv & film production workflows and pipelines
- Familiarity with motion capture
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for making and playing all types of video games
Your application has been successfully submitted.