Backend Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer, who is passionate about developing systems and services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our millions of users.
You will work in small teams that work together to create solutions for our games, using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud-based infrastructure. You will work with multiple existing systems; some developed here at DICE, some developed externally. This will require working with a lot of different teams within EA and DICE. You will report into a Senior Engineering Manager.
- Analyze game designs and propose technical solutions for how they can be achieved.
- Develop distributed and, resilient, back-end services using Scala.
- Adapt central EA technologies to meet game design needs.
- Use modern open-source stacks including Scala, gRPC, Finagle, and Linkerd/Envoy.
- Deploy services on cloud-based infrastructures such as Kubernetes.
- Oversee performance at the service level.
- Develop live tools in the backend that we use to manage all aspects of our live games.
- Integrate the tooling platform with other internal services.
- Experience in distributed, scalable, resilient, high-performing systems
- Knowledge of Git, or similar distributed source management system
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
Nice to Haves
- Experience with functional languages (Scala, Clojure, Erlang-Elixir, Kotlin, Rust, Swift, F#)
- Experience with cloud deployment, as AWS
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of C++ or C#
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker or similar container formats
- Contributions to Open Source projects
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.