Business Development Manager
AppLovin’s leading marketing software provides mobile app developers a powerful set of solutions to grow their mobile apps. AppLovin’s technology platform enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. The company’s first-party content includes over 200+ popular, engaging apps and its technology brings that content to millions of users around the world. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
As a strategic member of the AppLovin Business Development team, your primary role is to implement, design, and execute a comprehensive business growth strategy in Korea. You will drive the growth of our business in the Korean market, by acquiring and developing new relationships as well as growing existing partners. This is a customer facing team, working closely with mobile platform publishers and developers.
What you will be doing:
- Interface and develop key relationships with C-level executives within the mobile gaming & app development vertical in Korea.
- Identify and pursue strategic opportunities with key prospects while generating sales leads.
- Leverage competitive analysis and understand the mobile advertising landscape.
- Drive retention and growth among our most valuable customers by understanding their business needs and helping them succeed.
- Consistently perform extensive and accurate research and data analyses.
- Actively forage business relationships with the Top 250 iOS & Android publishers in Korea.
- Implement, design, and execute a comprehensive business growth strategy in Korea.
- Maximizing existing partnerships and transforming new opportunities into long term relationships and endurable revenues.
- Be a strong cross-functional partner with other business units to deliver revenue solutions for our existing and prospective customers.
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in a Sales or Business Development position within mobile advertising, mobile gaming, or related industries.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record of exceeding goals.
- Detail oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Analytical mindset and the ability to analyze information, identify problems and trends, and solve complex problems.
- Proactive problem solving capabilities & outstanding interpersonal skills.
- A passion for data driven insights, innate curiosity, and a deep desire to find ways to create value.
- Strong written and oral communication in Korean and English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior Business Development or Sales experience in the mobile advertising space.
- Knowledge of or experience with data based tools, advanced excel or SQL.
- Proven interest in technology. Whether you’re an early adopter of gadgets, or an Excel whiz, or took a computer science class in school and loved it, we are a high tech and big data company, so you’ll be expected to interface with developers at times.
- Capable of using data driven arguments to convince partners to follow our lead against potential resistance.
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.