Senior UI / UX Designer - Mobile
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- You will report to our Head of Experience design and will focus on building collaborative relationships with partners, a cross disciplinary team, and partner groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Distill user research, competitive analysis and feedback into user centered and relevant design goals.
- You will framing and solve hard problems informed by data
- You will use words, visual representations, physical objects, space, motion, and interaction behavior to determine how to use a product and achieve objectives in an emotionally resonant manner.
- Prototype representative models of a product or feature to allow testing to get user feedback, assist with development decisions and mitigate risk. These range from paper or click-throughs to higher fidelity prototypes.
- Apply and establish a set of design standards, documentation, and principles that are used alongside our design system of design interactions, patterns and scalable components to build a product.
- Apply psychological principles, ergonomics, and cognitive science to design holistic experiences for abilities, motivations and needs.
- Organize, labelling and structuring content in way that is understandable for users/players to allow them to find and move through information and complete tasks
- Help our teams empathize with our users and promote usability and accessibility
- Design the visual layout of interactive elements that a player might encounter in a way that is intuitive and attractive with consistency, clarity and efficiency in mind.
- 6+ years of experience as a UX designer, experience designer, product designer, or interaction designer.
- Shipped multiple mobile products and/or games
- Have a broad UX design toolkit for stages of development (journey mapping, empathy maps, archetypes, user scenarios, site maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes …)
- You can present and rationalize UX design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences using these opportunities to advocate for players, share knowledge and demonstrate design thinking in action.
- Solid visual design skills
- Passion for games with a solid grasp of market trends
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.