Rendering Software Engineer - EA Studios
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
- You will be involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems.
- You will research and implement industry-leading rendering techniques.
- You will write technical design specifications.
- You will design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
- You will develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
- You will optimize rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine.
- You will create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 7-10+ years’ development experience
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience designing and implementing industry-leading graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include modern shader pipelines, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
- Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.