Senior Financial Planning Analyst - GBO Finance (6m FTC)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Senior Financial Planning Analyst – GBO Finance, is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely global consolidation, planning and analysis of the budget and forecast cycles for delivery into Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) corporate head office. This role requires preparation and review of monthly reporting and insight to senior management, including building new automated reports to streamline process.
This role will also be taking a key role in our new GBO system project, including next phase system improvements and maintenance to ensure global consistency and alignment, in addition to developing a suite of reports to deliver quality global insights and accurate tracking to latest plans.
You will be partnering with regional business operations teams based in London, San Mateo and Tokyo. The ability to quickly build relationships, co-ordinate and manage workload across different time zones is key to success in this role. The Senior Financial Planning Analyst – GBO Finance will be reporting to the Head of Global FP&A.
What you’ll be doing:
- Detailed analysis and review of regional forecast/budget submissions, ensuring accurate global consolidation to support presentations to GBO Leadership team and SIE corporate
- Working with key finance stakeholders across regional business operations in multiple time zones to prepare detailed global financial analysis, providing financial support and challenging submissions
- Develop GBO Overheads and Headcount reporting, including working closely with SIE corporate head office and regional business operations teams to ensure global alignment to drive meaningful insights
- Preparation and consolidation of monthly reporting (e.g. actuals and flash), with a process improvement focus, including streamlining areas of duplication and developing automated reports to provide global financials insights
- Key role in the new GBO system project, including next phase development, maintenance and report building to support forecast/budget reviews and presentations
- Identifying areas of inconsistencies across regional business operations to drive global alignment
- Drive process improvements within GBO finance, challenging the status quo and being pro-active in devising new process and ways of working
- Ad-hoc financial and project support, as required.
What we're looking for:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with at least 5 years PQE
- Experience working in a group headquarters FP&A role in a multi-currency environment
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and handle high volume of requests in a time-pressured environment meeting strict deadlines
- Self-starter, pro-active and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible, an “open to change” mind-set, with a focus on process improvement
- Methodical and consistent approach to working
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, with demonstrated experience building automated reports and quality presentations for senior management
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Your application has been successfully submitted.