This job is no longer accepting applications.
Quality Assurance Manager-Automation
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
As a Quality Assurance Manager-Automation you will be responsible for the development and support of operational business process automation and efficiencies while working in partnership with internal QA operations departments, as well as the technical and career development of the Automation team. This person will also work closely with other development studios to assess and support their automation needs.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of automation programmers, accountable for mentoring, developing and coaching staff to ensure goals and performance expectation are met
- Oversee the prioritization of submitted automation process requests, assign available resources, and ensure projects are executed in a timely fashion
- Coordinate closely with QA Functional and Lab teams to identify and analyze project opportunities, lead team to implement reporting and recommend automation solutions
- Partner with business leadership to define, build and automate metric reporting to drive efficiencies
- Participate in the annual and quarterly budgeting process to ensure that prioritized projects will be completed and resources are allocated
- Identify and solve problems by implementing robust, high-quality solutions
- This is not a remote position. Must be willing to work fully in the office environment, while adhering to required weekly COVID-19 testing and office procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Math, Finance, Computer Science, Statistics or related area of study, or other technical discipline, or equivalent related work experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- 5+ years professional programming experience on large software projects
- Strong programming and scripting skills or understanding in C, C++, C#, Python and other languages
- Knowledge of continuous integration platforms and version control systems
- Extensive knowledge of automation
- Successful collaboration within large, diverse teams and proven ability to build solid, cross-functional relationships, both in-house and remotely
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to completion
- Confident analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and able to quickly learn new areas of development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of gaming industry and/or video games
- Knowledge of gaming automation
- Familiar with Xbox1 Technology
- Familiar with Sony Playstation Technology
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.