Temporary Animator - Treyarch
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Treyarch is looking for a world-class, industry-leading Animator for our projects. In this role, you will help inspire the team by creating the highest quality animations while pushing the boundaries of gameplay, storytelling, and technology. The ideal candidate is passionate about animation and has a strong understanding of animation principles, body mechanics, Motion Builder, and motion-capture editing techniques.
- Work directly with the Lead and Senior Animators and Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game.
- Plan, animate, implement, and support complex animations.
- Create great animation using motion capture data or keyframing.
- Follow group standards and best practices.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines, including art, design, and audio.
- Manage day-to-day development issues, identify problems, and drive creative solutions to fix them.
- Might be the owner of minor animation sets and or scenes.
- 1 - 5 years of animation experience in the game industry.
- Broad knowledge of game animations that spans across all parts of the development.
- Experience with Motion Builder
- Ability to take direction well
- You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, time management, and work discipline.
- Experience with facial animation.
- Experience animating non-humanoid characters
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Your application has been successfully submitted.