Senior Business Development Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Join a groundbreaking team.
We are seeking a Senior Associate who is dedicated to building and executing strategic partnerships with casino and gaming companies. In this role, you will identify potential business opportunities that power DraftKings’ growth into new territories. Part of your responsibilities will be to support the negotiation of partnerships with gaming properties (i.e. Casinos, Racetracks, Lotteries), and other entities. You will identify and support partnerships with third-party data, content, and technology vendors that power our leading products. Essentially, we are looking for someone who knows how to get the ball rolling. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Business Development Associate:
- Conduct diligence on new geographic territories and identify strategic market access partners for DraftKings
- Develop a keen understanding of the overall sports betting technology landscape and identify potential strategic partners that can support DraftKings’ growth
- Draft proposals and presentation materials
- Maintain consistent dialogue with potential/current partners and manage a negotiation process from inception to contract execution
- Work with internal stakeholders throughout the negotiation process to address various business needs and reach a consensus on optimal deal structure
- Lead and execute continual processes with various internal stakeholders such as legal, accounting/finance, compliance, analytics/business intelligence, and others
- Work closely with DraftKings account management team to ensure partnerships are being executed upon and performing as negotiated
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with properties and partners; engage with them regularly to maintain strong lines of communication
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 2-3 years of experience in business development/strategic partnerships, specifically in the online gaming, sports or media industries.
- Experience applying insights from data/analytics to multi-faceted business models.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next?
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.